Confession Time

It is confession time for me.  Micah has been sick for the last week and a half really.  And to be honest, I was not the most sympathetic.  I just thought that he had the same bug that I did, which wasn't a lot of fun, but it wasn't that bad either.  So, although I did my best to baby him and take care of him, in the back of my mind, I was thinking....."come on, buck up, you can't really feel that badly!"  Well, I think I found out just how badly he was feeling because starting Wednesday afternoon and through this morning, I pretty much felt like a truck had hit me.  I was achy all over, I really thought I was going to cough up a lung, and I had no energy.  So, I began to feel a bit guilty for not having more sympathy for Micah.  All of this guilt was only made worse because he was really sweet to me.  He made me soup, he took care of the boys.  After I crawled back in bed yesterday morning while he was in the shower, he called his mom and asked if she could come and pick up the boys (which she did), and basically, he just took really sweet care of me.  Not that I should be surprised, but I just did not expect to feel that horrible.  So, I confessed to him and told him I was sorry that I didn't feel more sorry for him.
Wasn't that big of me? :) 

We don't have a very big weekend planned.  The boys went to breakfast with their grandparents, which has become a weekly ritual.  I am supposed to make beignets for my father-in-law's group on Tuesday, so I am doing a practice run, since I have never made them before.  We have a Sunday School dinner tomorrow if we are all healthy.  Micah and I will be doing better, but right now, I am wondering how in the world the boys will be able to escape it?  We can always hope though!

Comments

Melissa said…
Your page is so cute - I'm having trouble resisting the kit.
Amy said…
Thanks for the laugh. I have so many of the same thoughts when Mitchell is sick. Men can seem like such wimps when they're sick!

Thanks for our valentine postcard. The boys are so cute. I need to start checking more often for cheap tickets to Tulsa. I really want to come for a visit!

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album