Yummy French Toast

I had a friend ask if the French Toast was good, so I thought I would go ahead and post the recipe, because it was really really good! And for my friends in France, if you try this, you have to tell me how it is with a real French baguette, because when we were eating it this morning, I was thinking how absolutely yummy that would be!

Delicious French Toast:
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
8 tsp butter
2 Tbsp corn syrup
French bread
5 eggs
1 1/4 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Combine the sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan and simmer until syrupy. pour the syrup over the bottom of a 13x9 pan. slice the bread thickly and place on top of the syrup in the pan. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt; pour the egg mixture over the bread. Cover the pan and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot. may be reheated.

Now, as I was typing this, I was realized that I just glanced at the cookbook when making mine and I used 8 TBSP butter rather than 8 teaspons (just a small difference! I am sure that yours will be just as good and less fattening!). Also, I was reminded of the Pioneer Woman's blog and how if she were posting this recipe on her blog, she would take beautiful pictures of every single step, but that really just takes too much time for me. And another side note, when I started reading the Pioneer Woman's blog, I thought that she obviously was out west, I mean, I am thinking like Idaho, maybe Montana or one of the Dakotas--all of which seem pretty pioneer-y to me. You can imagine my surprise when I find out that she actually lives in Oklahoma, not all that far from Tulsa. Yes, I apparently live not too far from the Pioneer Woman. I didn't know that I could actually be considered a pioneer woman living here in Oklahoma. Although, it is somewhat amusing to me to note that Owasso's slogan is "end of the trail." Anyway, it actually kind of inspires me to take a road trip to see if I can see some of the beautiful countryside, cattle, and horses that she documents so beautifully.

I am hoping that the boys are feeling better today. They spent the better part of yesterday laying on the couch watching "Dal-mal-mations". But, by evening, they were back to their hyper energetic selves. I have Bible Study this morning and then laundry this afternoon. I am embarrassed to say that I still have yet to finish folding my clothes from LAST week's laundry. But, my goal is obviously to finish that up as well as get this week's laundry done! But, this morning, I am definitely feeling the effects of daylight savings time or something because I am dragging. Hopefully, the second cup of coffee will kick me into gear!


Not that I think this is an amazing picture of me or anything, but I am really happy with the fact that I have hair again and thought I would show you the progress I am making. My goal this year is a ponytail, which I haven't quite reached yet, but I think that I will make it!


One last note, I am thinking of taking up how to edit out those lines around my eyes. It is amazing what you can do with photoshop these days and I really believe that we should take full advantage of what technology can bring us! :)

Comments

Jill said…
Oh I'm going to have to that recipe!

I have meant to tell you that i really like your new profile picture...so cute!!
Andrea* said…
Yum, french toast is one of my FAVES! And you are cute, that is a great picture!!
Amy said…
That is such a great pic of you. I love your hair that way. I love French toast and wish I had some right now. I'm going to give that recipe a try.
you look so beautiful beckie!
julie w said…
Love your hair! You look so good! If you find something out to do about those lines around the eyes...let me know! I need some help badly especially after turning 40! UGH! :)
Love you!
LaCombe said…
Wow! As Iwas scrolling down reading and thinking how Imiss your other blog, cause every time I logged on, there was your smiling face, and it always made me smile and made my day so much better, no matter what, and Bam, there is a beautiful smiling pic of you, which put a big smile on my face, yeah! You are Beautiful,and love the hair, and the lines are just a sign of aging, that we all do, and you are Beautiful with or without! I am going to try that french toast for dinner one night. Sounds wonderful, and I love French toast. Miss you, oh yeah, Tennessee weather is same as yours, 81 yesterday and 45 today. Summer soon! Prayers and Love, Kathy

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album