Freak-out Friday

I tried to think up so cutesy little name for my blog post, but just ended up with Friday because, well, that is just how uninspired I am, but as I was writing that first sentence, I came up with freak-out friday, because that is how I am feeling this morning.  Micah informed me last night that it is only 5 weeks until we leave for New York for my surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The abundance of exclamation points really doesn't even begin to describe the sick feeling I am getting in the pit of my stomach.  I am definitely ready for the results of the surgery, but am feeling rather anxious this morning to get the final details hammered out.  I have sent some emails and need to make some calls this morning.  And, I have been trying not to think about how hard it is going to be to be away from my boys for 2 1/2 weeks.  Oh my goodness, it makes me so sad.  Yes, I know that there are moments when I long for time away from them and they have a tendency to make me want to pull my hair out, but 2 1/2 weeks--that is a long time.....

I feel pretty good about the work that I got done yesterday. I was able to do a lot of prepping for meals--cutting up of vegetables and portioning out into tupperware or bags and freezing them so that when I am ready to cook the meals that I have planned, it should be a much easier task.  I also cooked two types of muffins--Morning Glory and Oatmeal--to freeze and made some homemade granola since the oven was on.  [Amy, I will try to send you the recipe soon!] Today, I have cleaning planned--yay rah!! Then, we are going to see a friend who just had a baby yesterday.  Tomorrow, we have friends coming over in the morning and in the afternoon I am going to a coupon class at a local church.

I don't think that I have posted on here about another new team that I am on.  I am so excited to be on Audrey Neal's team.  She is a designer at my favorite store We Are Storytellers and one of the things that I absolutely love about her is her focus on journaling on layouts.  She really promotes the idea of not just getting the pretty picture on a pretty layout, but making sure that we tell the story that is behind the photo.  She also has self paced journaling classes that I have taken that I really love as well.  And, since I am doing some advertising--everything at WST is on sale 50% this weekend, so if you are a scrapper, you should definitely head over there, because there is definitely some goodness to be had!  

I did this layout earlier this week from pictures from our last day in France before coming home on furlough.  I love so many of these pictures and looking at them makes me a bit nostalgic for those days!



Comments

The Davisons said…
I remember that day! The weather was perfect and it was great that we were able to spend it together. It's weird how that day can seem like yesterday and ages ago all at the same time:)
Amy said…
When I sent replied to your email, I hadn't read your blog yet. I will be praying about your surgery and about being away from the boys so long. I'm praying the Lord will give you peace about all of the details.
Let me know any good tips you get from the coupon class! You have got to teach me how to scrapbook. Your page looks fantastic!
don.lacombe said…
Praying for God to give you peace and comfort about your surgery and being away from the boys and know that he will comfort you when needed. You do a great layout of your pictures and I truely enjoy seeing them and learning about your family. Love and Prayers, Kathy
Very interested to hear about the details of a coupon class! AND, we will definitely be praying for your surgery in five weeks and more for you while you are away from the boys. Will Micah be able to be with you NY?

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album