Marching feet and funny stories

I think that I have mentioned here before that I am reading through the Chronological One Year Bible.   I am currently in the period of time where Saul has just died and David has just been crowned king and is now going to be fighting the Philistines.   I am constantly amazed at details from David's life that seem incongruous to the fact that he was also called a man after God's own heart.  First of all, he had a LOT of wives! And that was all before Bathsheba even came into the picture.  That isn't really the point of this post though.  I think there are just so many things to be learned from the life of David.  He obviously was human and committed many sins, yet, he was used by God in so many ways.  What a comforting thought to know that God uses us in spite of our foolish decisions.  

Okay, back to marching feet.  Today's reading was about the Israelites victory over the Philistines and this is the verse that caught my attention: "When you hear a sound like marching feet in the tops of the poplar trees, go out and attack! That will be the signal that God is moving ahead of you to strike down the Philistine army.” 1 Chronicles 14:15.  The sound of marching feet in the trees above them was to be their cue that God was moving ahead of them and that they were then to move in to battle.  Can you imagine actually hearing the sound of God's feet moving ahead of you?  That prodded me to begin thinking about my own life and how many times I have missed the sound of marching feet because I was so busy doing this or that, that I was unable to hear it.   So, as I prayed this morning, I prayed that God would help me to be still enough to hear his feet and also to rest in the knowledge that even when I can't hear His feet, I can still KNOW that He is moving.

Here is another funny story from last night at the dinner table.  I had fixed a new recipe--spaghetti with broccoli and lemon--and it actually turned out pretty well.  So, Micah was waxing eloquent about that and he and the boys were saying, "mommy, you're the best!"  [you really can't hear that too often!]  and Micah says, "Boys, when you find your spouse..."  Xavier immediately pops up with "here's my spout" (proudly showing us his hand).  It took a couple of minutes and a few repeated "here's my spout" comments from Xavier as well as a "here is my handle" (while putting his other hand on his hip) before we realized that he was thinking of the Little Teapot song and had no idea what "spouse" meant. It really made us laugh!

I am off to do a grocery store run this morning before Micah leaves for work.  I spent quite a bit of time yesterday scouring the internet for deals and cutting and printing my coupons.  I am hoping to have something to show for it when I return.  I am planning to do a big prepping and freezing day tomorrow so that I will have several options for meals in the freezer just waiting to be cooked.

Just a couple of layouts today that I have gotten done in the last couple of days.






Comments

MyEbella said…
I checked out your Chronological Bible Link... a couple reviews...
What do you think? Do you like it?
I need simple =)

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

This guy

Africa Album