Tea Party Fun

Yesterday, Linda, the boys and I headed to Tulsa for one of three Tea Party events that were being held here.  It was definitely an experience and I am glad that I had the opportunity to go and of course, the boys were so funny telling everyone that we were going to a "tea party." I think they thought it was going to be like a birthday party! :)  Anyway, I am not super political, but we have been so frustrated with exorbitant spending that has been going on in Washington and this felt like one small thing that we could do to make our voice heard.  I am glad that we got to go and it was encouraging to watch the news and see how many other events like it took place across America.  Here are a few pictures from our day:
enjoying a sandwich before it started
this ended up being the best picture I got, which wasn't all that good!
By the end, I think the boys were a little worn out from all the party-ing
not the best picture of Linda, but it still cracks me up!

Today, we are headed for a really quick trip to see my parents, grandparents, and sisters.  I can't wait for them to see how much the boys have changed.  Hopefully, the boys will behave since it is just me going with them while Micah stays here.

Comments

Amy said…
I'm so jealous. I really wanted to go to one of the tea parties but we couldn't. I'm glad you got to go. We're not super political people either but are very frustrated with everything that's going on. Hope you have a great trip to Melissa's. Enjoy the time with your family!
Melissa said…
Clearly, I have been living in a black hole called "SAHM" because I'd never even heard of tea parties until last night when Brian kept talking (incessantly LOL) about them.

We can't wait to see you!

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

This guy

Africa Album