Why is it?

Why is it that you can work so hard all day long to get your house vacuumed, dusted, picked up, scrubbed, and cleaned only to have it basically destroyed in a few short hours?   This is honestly one of the most defeating things to me about being a mom/housewife/woman.  I don't love to clean, but I love to have a clean home and after spending hours cleaning it, I really enjoy just sitting and scrapping or reading or going to bed and waking up with a clean home.  Unfortunately, we also have people that live in our house and so a clean home doesn't seem to stay that way very long.  Oh well, today is a new week and we will start afresh.  It is supposed to rain a lot this week, so I am hoping that we don't go too stir crazy--you never know, I may have to get out the crafts again.

We had a good weekend, just busy.  I didn't end up getting to go to the coupon class on Saturday afternoon, so I was a bit disappointed about that, but we had a really great time with our friends on Saturday night, a great day at church yesterday morning and then a volunteer appreciation dinner at church last night.  

On the agenda for today:
  • Laundry and general picking up around the house
  • a trip to Home Depot to get some Preen that will helpfully keep the weeds in my garden at bay--weeds are another defeating thing in my life! :)  I am sure there is a spiritual application there that I may explore at a later date.
  • Trip to Tulsa to the Whole Foods store in search of red or yellow lentils for a soup that I want to make tomorrow.
  • And of course, a day wouldn't be complete without a little scrapping so I will try to squeeze in some time for that.
Happy Monday, everyone!
 

Comments

Melissa said…
Oh, I so hear you on the clean house. I hate that it gets destroyed so quickly and then we just start all over again.

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album