Happy Mother's Day

True to his word, Micah cooked lunch today for me and for his mom.  He is such a good husband and good example to the boys of a father who helps out and takes care of his wife.  I am very thankful for him and on top of that, he is a good cook.  He made BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with homemade BBQ sauce that was very yummy!  We had a great service at church this morning and I was reminded of what a privilege and honor it is to be a mom and how thankful I am for my mom and the wonderful example that she gave me.  I hope and pray that I can give my boys as good an example as what I was given.  Here are a few pictures that Micah took after church and before lunch!





On Friday night, I did manage to convince Micah to take us all to the rodeo, he wasn't very excited about going, but he ended up having a good time.  The boys loved it!!  William just sat and took it all in and Xavier kept asking when it was his turn--I think he got a little confused because we had told him that he was going to get to ride the horses at my dad's house and so we saw horses and he thought it was time for him to ride.  Also, after the first guy came out on the bareback broncing  horses, Xavier turned and told me that he needed a paper for his back.  It didn't get started until 8 o'clock and we ended up leaving around 9:30ish because we knew that we had a full day yesterday, but I am so glad that we went and I am ready for the next one! :)  And if there was ever any doubt in my mind that we lived in the west or the country, all of that doubt was smashed to smithereens, because let me tell you, there was no scarcity of all manner of cowboys.  I don't know when the last time, I have seen that many cowboy hats, wranglers, boots, and massive belt buckles--it was definitely a sight! And here are a couple of videos that we took of the boys, apparently, they really like country music!
  video


Tomorrow morning we are headed out to my mom and dad's house. So, say a little prayer for us because it is a really long drive, but I am so looking forward to it!


Comments

Amy said…
Glad you had a great Mother's Day. Hope you enjoy your visit with your family!
LaCombe said…
What Beautiful pictures of you and the boys! You look so Beautiful and healthy and the boys are so cute and Very happy! You are Blessed! Have anice and safe trip! Love and Prayers, Kathy
listgirl said…
Sounded like a wonderful Mother's Day! The photos of the boys and you are precious! So nice that Micah cooked.

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album