Happy Saturday

It is Saturday afternoon and I am waiting for the boys to wake up from their naps.  I am feeling pretty good about the progress that we have made regarding our trip. Micah spent most of yesterday on the phone, I think, rearranging our previous travel plans (we got the private flight! yay!), arranging our transportation from the airport, etc.  Our clothes are packed, we just need to pack our toiletries and carry on bags. I am not planning on taking much as far as that goes. I know that our friends have books that I can read, if I am up to it, and we will have the computer.  I had entertained grand plans of getting tons of scrapping done while recuperating, but am not sure if that will be the case or not.   Tonight, we have some good friends coming over for dinner who have lived in New York, so they are bringing a list of their favorite places to visit.  Their son turns one on Thursday of next week, and I am looking forward to seeing how much he has grown since we have seen him last.  

Last night, Micah hung out with the boys while I met some friends in Tulsa for dinner.   I met these women through the organization FORCE (Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered).  They are all BRCA genetic mutation carriers and although two of them have not had breast cancer, they have had prophylactic mastectomies and oopherectomies.  I always enjoy getting together with them and just talking and hearing their stories of how breast cancer has affected their lives.  They are women who can completely understand what this surgery next week means to me and they have been super encouraging.  Not that anyone has been discouraging to me, it is just different when they have been there.  Anyway, they surprised me last night and had put together and basket of goodies for me to help me recuperate better---books, Fiber One muffins, a backscratcher, a candle, and other goodies.  It made me feel so good and was just so kind of them.  The other really good news was that one of the ladies that was there just had the same kind of reconstruction that I am having about 10 weeks ago and she looked amazing.  She was just so encouraging telling me about the surgery and how well it went for her.  It seriously made me excited to have my surgery and to see my results.  

I don't know that I will blog much over the next couple of days. I know that we will have internet access, so I will try to update as I can.  Micah is planning on blogging updates for me around the time of my surgery and after so that updates can go out and he probably will be on Facebook with it too.  I just want to say again thank you for all of the prayers and encouraging words through this whole process.  It has been a grand adventure these last two years.  And although I know that it isn't over yet and my life is forever changed. I am excited to see what this new chapter brings.  

Many blessings!

Comments

Amy said…
Well, it sounds like you are ready. I'm so glad that the private flight worked out for you...that sounds fun. You can see what it's like to be a celebrity. :) What a blessing to have such sweet friends to get together with before you leave. I know it was an encouragement to talk with the lady who just had surgery. I'm excited for you, Becky. Still praying everything goes well. Love you!
Jodi Govrik said…
Thanks for sweet words about your FORCE sisters! It goes both ways! Good luck in NY! I know it'll go great!
Jodi
P.S. I didn't know you were a scrapbooker, me too! :-)
LaCombe said…
Prayers and Love to you! Will be reading your updates and Praying daily! I am thankful for your FORCE sisters, what a blessing to have such a group and that they know what you are going through and will go through and giving you the love and encouragement you need. Thinking about you and sending my Love and Prayers. Kathy

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album