Home at last

We had such a wonderful visit to my parents' house last week, but I do have to say that it was so nice to sleep in my own bed last night.  We had an almost 12 hour trip home which about put me over the edge of insanity, but I was able to visit with several of my friends via cell phone and that helped me tremendously endure the final hours of our car ride.  My sister put up a ton of pictures on her blog, so other than the ones that I have already prepared for my blog, I am just going to link you to hers to see the rest of our trip, because she managed to get all the best ones on there.  

Here are a few random thoughts from our trip:
  • Somehow when you add extra kids to the mix, the multiplication of sound is not in proportion to the number of kids that have been added.  For example, when you take two 3 year old boys and add them to a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl, the sound actually multiplies by 15,000!  I think that might be a modern day marvel.
  • There is no way to describe how sweet it is to see your kids having such a great time with their cousins and uncle and grandparents.
  • Xavier was a little scared at first to ride the horses.  William on the other hand couldn't wait to ride "Fancy, Cheyenne, Cutie (aka Beauty) and Cop-purr (aka Copper)."
  • I loved hearing the boys say "where's my Camden?"  They seriously love their cousin!
  • I loved this week because I feel like I finally got to experience my niece Rory's big personality.  She has always been very sweet, but I think the boys have always been so loud and crazy that we haven't always gotten to see her true personality.  She is one silly girl and, oh my goodness, she is cute and she knows it.
  • I had so much fun going for a ride on the horses with my dad and brother.  It has been way too long, but it was so much fun and I hope I can do it again soon.
  • It was definitely difficult being the only parent for an entire week.  There were more distressing moments than I will share, but for the most part, the boys were really good.  They are such sweet boys and probably way too cute for their own good!j
  • It was a lot of fun to see my brother with all the kids.  He is so good with them and they seriously think he hung the moon.
  • I can't wait to see our friend Kellie's pictures of the kids from their Thursday evening photo shoot.  I have been shamelessly stalking her blog waiting for our sneak peak.  
  • I had a few freak out moments on the way home yesterday as I started thinking about everything that needed to be done before I leave for New York, but called a friend who very kindly reassured me that "yes, this is a good decision" and that in reality 3 weeks of being fairly limited in movement and such is really not that long in the big scheme of life.
  • I am so thankful for cell phones--catching up with friends is one of my favorite ways to pass a long drive.
Okay, on to the pictures!!  We really did have an amazing time and I think the pictures show that off!





We had such a wonderful visit to my parents' house last week, but I do have to say that it was so nice to sleep in my own bed last night.  We had an almost 12 hour trip home which about put me over the edge of insanity, but I was able to visit with several of my friends via cell phone and that helped me tremendously endure the final hours of our car ride.  My sister put up a ton of pictures on her blog, so other than the ones that I have already prepared for my blog, I am just going to link you to hers to see the rest of our trip, because she managed to get all the best ones on there.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Becky, you and Melissa did such a great job
sharing the excitement of your trip. What sweet memories you will hold forever, and the chance for all of you to be together. Great pictures, too.
Gma and Gpa E.

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album