I cried in Target

Micah got home from work a bit early and when the boys got up from their nap, we headed to Target to pick up a prescription and one of my guilty pleasures in life is stalking the clearance aisles at Target--there are always so many good deals to be found and to top it all off, I had coupons!!  I am feeling a bit obsessed these days with using my coupons.  I am hoping I don't have to find a 12 step recovery program.  So, anyway, I did not cry in Target because I found some really good deals.  I cried in Target because while I was looking through the boys clothes, I heard Micah's phone ring and when he answered, I could tell that he didn't know who it was, but he started to get this look on his face, and when he looked at me and nodded his head and gave me the thumbs up sign, I just started to cry, because I knew that it was the phone call that was offering him a spot in the OSU medical school class that will start in August.  I really don't have the words to express our emotions. We are so excited, thankful, overwhelmed, and humbled.  It has been a long road to this point and we know that more difficult days are ahead, but we are just so grateful for all that God has done and how He has granted this desire of our hearts. 

Comments

Kim said…
CONGRATULATIONS!
Melissa said…
Well, the kids ran around the house screaming "Thank you, Jeeeessssuuuuuss!" (almost to the point of being sacrilegious!) so you know we're excited for you!
LaCombe said…
You are the Most Blessed Family I know and You are Proof that God is Good, no Great!!!! Congrats to Micah!!! Continued Prayers for his Studies and I know he will be a Great Doctor!!! Prayers and Lots of Love to you both!!! Kathy
Amy said…
Congratulations!! We're excited for both of you! I'm so glad that you finally heard, especially before your trip. Still praying for you and the trip.
julie w said…
Congratulations!!!! That is so awesome!!! We are excited for you all!
Love & miss you!
Pam said…
Wonderful!!!
listgirl said…
Congrats to Micah and you guys! I know you've been waiting a while for this! What awesome news worth crying in Target! :) Praise the Lord.
We're so happy for you guys! I'm finally catching up on some blog reading. I'm glad you guys found out before you left for NYC! Glad your flight went well...it sounded awesome! And I hope you have a wonderful free day tomorrow!

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album