Things are coming together

Micah had the day off today and we spent the morning working on cleaning and organizing the house--is this a job that is EVER done?  We had been wanting to rearrange some furniture in our bedroom and so we got that done and then got the office/spare room all set up for my mom.  I even went ahead and made the futon into the bed so that it is all ready for her when she gets here.  I spent most of yesterday afternoon writing emails and making lists for Linda for the boys and just trying to check things off my list.   And, today, I am feeling like things are finally coming together. I am feeling much less stress and anxiety about getting everything done and am just looking forward to getting on the plane and getting there.  

This afternoon we are headed to Micah's parents for dinner with them and Micah's brother and family.  It has been so nice because Linda decided to do all of the food prep herself and while I really love cooking and participating, it has actually been really nice to just kind of sit back and just look forward to enjoying the afternoon/evening.

No other news on our front.  Here is a bit on the boys right now:
  • They love getting dressed up in their costumes. They have Buzz Lightyear and a PowerRanger.  Luckily for me, they are also getting adept at putting them on and off themselves.  The pictures below are of them playing under their beds in their costumes!
  • "How it works?"  is something I hear about 50,000 times a day.  The other day, we were in the bathroom and Xavier had flushed the toilet which he also sometimes calls the "merry go round" and he looked at me and said "how it works, Mommy?"  and I had absolutely no idea how to explain it in words that he could understand.  I think this may become a common occurrence.
  • They are really big into pretend play right now. I can't tell you how many times I hear "come on, son" while they are playing. I am not sure who is calling who son, but it cracks me up.  
  • We were driving home from the store on Saturday (you know the one where I got so many good deals!) and we passed Micah's parents' subdivision and we asked the boys who lived there and William paused for a minute and then says "Jesus...?"  Apparently, he has already learned the Sunday School answer...if you don't know the answer, you can never go wrong with Jesus!





Comments

listgirl said…
1. Cleaning/organizing is a never-ending job.
2. So glad you are feeling less stressed about your upcoming trip for the surgery.
Stacey said…
I LOVE their costumes Becky!!!! So much fun goes on at your house. Awesome blog, too!!

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album