We have our own holiday...

I know that there are probably those of you out there who just might think that all this talk about scrapbooking seems a little bit odd, but today is proof that there are a lot of us out here--it is National Scrapbooking Day.  It is actually a little bit of an anniversary for me.  It is my digital scrapbooking anniversary.  Two years ago on this weekend in 2007, Melissa and the rest of my family had come to visit us in Missouri right after I had been diagnosed and she brought her computer and made me sit down and she walked me through a layout.  I made my first purchases and while the complete obsession didn't really take effect until about 6 months later, I can confidently say that I was definitely hooked from that first layout.  I love being able to put all of the pictures of our boys to use and record our story, because honestly, anyone who knows me well knows that my memory is less than stellar and I might have had to make up stories to tell our boys so that they would think they had a childhood!  I digress....it has been so much fun and I am so thankful to my sister for introducing me to it.  There have been lots of sales and events today in the scrapbooking world. I have enjoyed some good sales, but for the most part have felt pretty overwhelmed by it all and have focused on just trying to get some good scrapping done and since I am about to finish my fourth layout, I think that I can feel pretty good about my progress!

Other than the fact that we have had a TON of rain this weekend and I am worried that my poor garden isn't going to make it, we have had a good weekend.  William has been exerting his will and throwing some pretty serious fits, but then in the next moment, he is as sweet as ever.  I am praying that the Lord will somehow see fit to let us survive their third year of life.  Xavier has somehow developed a lisp.  He says all of his  s's as 'th'--it is quite funny to not just hear him, but to see him say "puthzzleths"--puzzles.  Another favorite word is They are talking a
ll the time.  Today, Micah took them with him to Target and the 'hahmic' book store.  Then, we went and had lunch with Micah's parents and I have spent the afternoon scrapping or trying to decide to buy or not to buy!  

Here are a few pages that I got done:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

This guy

Africa Album