Friday

I meant to get on here and post yesterday, but the day got away from me before I could.  Here is a little update on the flight information and what is going on with us.

We have yet to receive a call from Angel Network with a flight for us. I am a bit disappointed, but knew that it was only a possibility and not a sure thing.  So, we have booked a flight with Continental for next Thursday leaving here around 9, flying through Houston, and arriving in Tulsa around 4 that afternoon.  It is really not very ideal, but we at least know that we will be back in Tulsa by next Thursday afternoon.  There has been a lot of frustration from dealing with insurance with our tickets that turned out to not really be insurance after all, but I won't get in to all of that.  I do think that there is still a possibility to be able to get on an Angel Network flight which would be great, but if not, we do have tickets.  

The good news from yesterday was that my drains came out!  If any of you have ever been so blessed to have drains--you know that they really are not a blessing, but more of a frustration.  So, when I called my nurse and told her how little they were outputting, and she offered to let me come in and get them taken out, I jumped on the chance.  I had one removed from one of my breasts in the hospital and it really was not a big deal, didn't hurt at all.  Well, that is so not the case with abdominal drains.  First of all, they are inserted a long way inside your body.  They came out lower central abdomen, but they snaked all the way to over my hips on each side.  The nurse told me that it really didn't hurt when they were removed, but it just felt weird, because you could feel something swishing around in your belly.  Okay, let me tell you, that is a lie, it does feel weird, but it HURTS and does not feel good at all....well, until you have calmed down and you realize that you no longer have a long tube hanging out of your body with blood and pus draining out! :)  Anyway, I am so thankful to have those out.   I am constantly amazed at how well my incisions are healing and how the body recovers from such major trauma.  I definitely believe that it is a tribute to how well our Creator made us.  

Every day, I am feeling stronger. We are even attempting short little outings each day. Just taking it slowly and resting as I need to.  Today, we had read in the paper that the Indigo Girls whose music Micah has loved for a long time were going to be playing a few songs at a local music store and so we thought that might be fun and free for us to go to.  It turned out to be very cool and he was able to get their latest CD on sale and get their autographs which was pretty fun.

Please pray for our boys. They are definitely feeling us being gone for so long.  We just saw them via webcam and Xavier especially just looked so sad and he kept asking Linda when he was going to get to see mommy and daddy.  I know that they will be fine and that in a week, they will have forgotten that we were gone and that they missed us, but it is hard to see them like that.  

Comments

LaCombe said…
Becky, I am so happy that you are feeling so good and healing so fast. I continue to pray for complete healing, for your boys and for that Angel flight to come through. I worry about you getting on a commercial plane, with all the germs, so please be careful if you have to take that flight. Take care, rest and keep us posted. Love reading your blog. Love to you and many many Prayers, Kathy
Mia's Hope said…
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling a little better. I know that it's been a hard few days. Please know that the Hasty's in KC are praying for ya! We love you and thank you for the updates!

Marsha
Mary said…
So glad you got the drains out...makes my c-sections sound easy. I've never been away from my girls for more than five days and I can't imagine how much you must miss your boys, so I'll pray these next few days fly by for you!
Mary

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album