T minus 1 day

Well, we have arrived at Wednesday, the day before my big surgery!!  To be honest, we are both ready to get it done. We have enjoyed our time here in New York, but it has been hard to really enjoy it, because we have known that the reason that we are here is to have the surgery and there has always been that in the back of our minds.  I had my pre-surgical testing yesterday and this morning, I saw my doctor and made some final decisions about my surgery and learned more about the recovery process.  I was already feeling pretty confident about having the surgery done and where I am having it done, but after this morning, I just have even more peace and confidence (if that is possible!).  We still don't know exactly what time the surgery will start, but probably fairly early in the morning, because it is about a 10 hour procedure.   For me, obviously, that is no big deal, but that is a long day for the surgeon and even longer for Micah and my mom as they wait.  I have said often that I would much rather be the one undergoing treatment than those waiting.   I know that it is going to be a long and pretty agonizing wait for them, so please please please say some specific prayers for them.  Also, pray that they will be able to sleep tomorrow night.  They will be able to come back and see me briefly, but then will not be able to see me until Friday morning.  I will be kept in recovery overnight and will be in and out of consciousness.  They will be checking me every 15 minutes to make sure that the flap is taking and that there are no problems.  We are ready to get started, but don't want to wish this day away either.  

My mom is on her way here right now and when she arrives, we are going to do a bit of sightseeing before going to see Phantom of the Opera tonight.  Micah and I have walked a TON since we have been here and have loved seeing so much of the city, but our feet and legs are so tired.  I have been nursing some blisters which has not been fun, so personally, I am looking forward to putting my feet up for a few days! :)  

We have taken more pictures than this, but haven't had the energy to go through and edit them. So, here are just a few.  The first one is us at Washington Square Park and then the second is of Micah taking a rest in Times Square. I am not sure why, but there is a huge area that is blocked off in Times Square with all of these plastic lawn chairs and we were exhausted yesterday and sat down and then literally did not want to get up.  I have decided that New York City is synonymous with sore aching tired blistered feet.  But, it has been fun to be in the city with my amazing husband.  If you don't already know, just let me tell you that he is truly an amazing man and I love him more than anything.  He had no idea what he was getting into when we got married, but I am so thankful God gave us to each other!



Micah will update here as he can tomorrow.  Thanks again for all of the prayers and good wishes. We love you and are thankful for your thoughts about us.

Comments

listgirl said…
Aw Becky I am thinking of you and praying for you and for Micah and your mom tomorrow! I LOVE that photo of Micah sitting on a plastic chair in the middle of Times Square. How random and strange is that??
Anonymous said…
We have and will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.
LaCombe said…
Becky, sending my Prayers and Love to you and your family and will start praying tomorrow morning in my daily devotions. Looks like Micah wasn't the only one needing to sit. God Bless you Becky!!! Love ya, Kathy
Jodi Govrik said…
Good luck tomorrow! You (and your family) will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow!
Gerri said…
Becky, I will continue to pray for you and Micah. I am glad you got to enjoy a little of the city. Just love the pics. Hope all of you get some rest tonight.
Mary said…
Becky, The boys were great on Tuesday. We had a lot of fun. They hated the pool. I think we will try the splash pad next week. Avery keeps telling me that she took care of William and Xavier yesterday. "I am helping them be good!" I am pray for you. Love you

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album