I am not sure where our week is going because I am having a hard time believing that it is already Wednesday morning.  Last week's attempt at getting back to a routine was pretty laughable since I started the laundry on Wednesday and didn't finish all of the folding until Monday morning.  I am going to try to be better about that this week and today's goal is to have all the laundry washed and put away before I climb into bed.  I have been able to get back into my routine of getting up early, having my coffee and quiet time and a little bit of computer time before the rest of the house wakes up.  

I am feeling like there isn't much to blog about these days, but the boys have been making us laugh a lot, so I thought I could share some stories:
  • Yesterday, William was showing me his dinosaur and I asked him if he liked his dinosaur and he responded by saying, "yeah! he's a good guy!"
  • I think I have mentioned their play acting before, but they seriously crack me up.  First of all, they are always LOUD, but many times a day, I hear them yelling to each other "dad, come on...mom, let's go..." and now they have also added an Alex to the mix.  I have absolutely no idea who Alex is, but they like to pretend play with him.  I also often hear, "son, I said come on" (in a rather stern voice--I think they may be mimicking one of us!)
  • They seriously love to be read too, I think that if we would, they would sit for the majority of the day just listening to books.  Sometimes, I have them just sit and "read" the books to themselves and I am always amazed at how well they know the stories and I just love to hear their sweet giggles.
  • They are completely silly these days.  Everything is a cause for being silly and if one of them does something, the other one immediately starts in.  I am trying to enjoy it and not get frustrated by it.
Today, I am getting my hair trimmed and I think that we are going to make a trip to the library to get some new books for the boys and also pick up a book I requested called Scream Free Parenting.  I don't feel like I scream per se, but I definitely get very frustrated with them way too often and am feeling in desperate need of some help in knowing what to do!  I will have to let you know if it gives me any good ideas.

I have managed to finish up a couple of pages in the last few days:



Comments

Amy said…
I feel the same way about my routine. I'm really struggling with having some self-discipline! I enjoyed the cute stories...I can't wait to get in on the silliness!
Melissa said…
Well, I could have just sent you my copy of Scream Free Parenting since I'm getting so much good use out of it. (Lots of sarcasm here)

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album