I haven't fallen off the planet
So, I have fallen off the blog bandwagon for the last few days. I have just stayed busy with the holidays and with my mom being here that I haven't taken time to post. We are doing really well. I have decided that it has taken me about four weeks to recover from my surgery and since tomorrow marks week 5, I feel like I am doing really well. My mom has been an invaluable help and I really can't thank her enough. Sadly, she will be leaving me tomorrow, and I really hope and pray that this is the last time that she has to come and take care of me while I am sick/recovering from surgery. I feel more than blessed that I have such a wonderful mom who is so willing to come and to help and to have a dad who is so willing to give up his wife for so much time. Mom and I have shared a very sweet visit as always and I will treasure these memories with her.
So, here is a little update on what we are up to these days:
- Micah is in Loveland, CO with our church's youth group on a mission trip--he left last Sunday and will be back on Saturday
- This afternoon, some very dear friends of ours from our time in France are stopping by for a couple of days on their way back to Georgia. Micah is so sad to miss seeing Chris and Connie and their kids, but I am ecstatic to have them come for a visit.
- The boys are well on their way to be officially potty trained--they have done so well since we have been home and have been telling us when they need to go potty--we haven't had any real accidents in almost three weeks, so woohoo (insert picture of me jumping for joy!)
- Our sweet neighbor across the street shared her flowers with us, so mom and the boys spent a morning this week planting flowers. I wasn't completely useless because I managed to trim our out of control lavender plants.
- Our garden is growing like crazy--mom thinks that we can watch the cantaloupe grow right in front of our eyes. I am a bit worried about our tomatoes, I think we might have some sort of issue with them.
- My father in law had a heart catheterization done this morning and we are praising the Lord that he received an excellent report.
- Mom and I also hemmed the curtains in my bedroom yesterday (well, mom the actual sewing--I just kind of watched!) and after 3 1/2 years, I might actually finish the boys' John Deere quilts that I started before I was put on bedrest when I was pregnant.
- We have shared lots of laughs at the boys, taken lots of walks, and made lots of mac n cheese!
Hopefully, I can get back on the blog bandwagon this weekend. I feel like I have lots of posts to write, but haven't found the time to get the thoughts out on the screen!