Family Dinner

Last night was the Family Dinner at Micah's school.  To be honest, I didn't really want to go just because I am a bit tired out from the week, but knew that it was the right thing to do and would be good for us and so we went.  The boys were so excited to see daddy's school and had a blast climbing up this massive hill and sliding down on their bottoms.  It was a bit awkward at first because there was definitely a difference between those who are married with kids and the single students and no one was really talking.  But, we ended up sitting next to a couple who also have two boys and who are Christians and sat and talked with them for a long time.  I know that this is a whole new world that we are entering and I know that while our husbands will be in school and studying so much, there was definitely a feeling of camaraderie with other wives and the challenge of being responsible for so much at home.  They had also put a huge tarp down on a small hill and made a little slip 'n' slide that the boys had a blast playing on.  They were very confused when we were leaving though because daddy hadn't gotten his white coat yet.  They were insisting that he go in to school and get it before we left.  We have been talking up the White Coat Ceremony to them in preparation for tomorrow.  We had considered not taking them, but I think that they are old enough now that they might remember it and it is such an important occasion in our family that I didn't want them to miss it.  

Today, we have a few errands to run and I need to do some cleaning.  I haven't had much time for scrapping this week. In fact, I think that this is the only layout I have done and I did it one night when I couldn't sleep!  Oh well, I can always hope for more time next week, right?

One last funny story--yesterday, Xavier was kind of prancing around and telling me that his belly hurt.  So, like any good mommy, I said, "why don't you go sit on the potty?"  He goes and sits down and just passes some gas and this is what comes out of his mouth: "oops! my stinky didn't work!"  I got really cracked up and was later telling Micah the story and Xavier pops in with "I just ran out of gas."  Out of the mouth of babes!

Comments

MyEbella said…
OMG if that isn't the funniest thing...
Will we see a picture of hubby in the new white coat?
listgirl said…
That's a hilarious story about Xavier. This is the kind of documentation that will embarrass him later on too! I'm glad you met some other people who will be in the same life situation as you.

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy