The New Normal

So, I think that we just got a taste today of what our new normal is going to be like.  Micah left this morning at 6:30 to get to school to study.  He got home around 5:30 and spent some time with the boys. We ate dinner together, took a little walk, put the boys to bed around 7:30ish and Micah locked himself in the bedroom for more studying. I watched a movie and worked on some scrapping. I guess that I am going to have more time for scrapping which I will like, but I know that I am going to miss our time with him.  He had his first anatomy lab today which is basically dissecting a cadaver and he found it extremely fascinating.  No queasiness, but he really didn't want to talk about it over dinner! :)

I spent about an hour and a half weeding our garden which might give you a clue as to how bad it was.  I am way too embarrassed to take the before and after pictures. I know that next year, we will do better. It has been a bit of an experiment this year and we did have a bit of an unusual summer.  We are getting tiny little tomatoes and some decent sized peppers. We still have 2 cantaloupe that are growing, so I am looking forward to those.  And if anyone has any ideas about how to not let your cantaloupe vines completely overtake your garden, I would love to hear them.  I am trying to get some area cleared out so that I can plant another crop of lettuce and whatever else I can discover to be cooler weather plants.  But, have I mentioned that I really don't love yard work...but it is a necessary evil.  

Tomorrow, we are heading to storytime at the library which never ceases to completely wear me out! and I am trying to find my new schedule for the fall and I think that laundry day is going to be Tuesday.  We also have our first small groups with the youth group tomorrow night. I am going to be leading a small group of 9th grade girls that I am eager to meet and Micah is still taking over his 11th-12th grade guys.  

I have also been working on the boys Picture a Day project from their first year of life--yes, I know that they are practically 4, but better late than never right!  I think that I have finally found a layout that I am going to be happy with and have finished the first page of each of their books.   I will try to add them as I get them done.  Can anyone give guesses on which page is which boy?



Comments

MyEbella said…
1st off LOVE the scrapbook page and look forward to hearing more Med School stories!
listgirl said…
Wow, Micah already had anatomy lab?? Talk about jumping in with both feet! Great layout! I'm going to guess the first photos are Xavier and second ones are William, but I'm prob wrong!
Melissa said…
Welcome to my life. :) That sounds like Brian's schedule, although he has decided to change it to leaving at 5:30 a.m. so he can be home by 4:00, which will be nice!
LaCombe said…
Tell Micah that we are very proud of him! Sorry I haven't wrote for awhile, but we are finally situated in Fort Smith, so some time now to relax. Glad you and the family are doing well and hopefully we can meet somewhere soon. Love and Prayers, Kathy

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy