We will remember

When my friend Amy was here a few weeks ago, we spent some time talking about songs that we loved and looking up YouTube videos of them. She told me about the song We Will Remember and I have been playing it over and over since yesterday. It is a beautiful song and you can listen to it here. But, I am telling you, it is a bit addictive and you might find yourself listening to it over and over again. I am more of a reserved type of worshiper, but this song makes me want to jump up and down and sing at the top of my lungs! It is that good!

Thank you to those who prayed for Micah's test yesterday. It was such an encouragement to read the comments of those who were praying. He felt like he did pretty well on it and he celebrated last night by not studying at all. He was kind of giddy which was pretty funny. Of course, it is back to the ol' grind today, but he at least enjoyed a few hours textbook free!

A couple funny stories from the last few days:
  • Xavier was at his grandma's house last week and she told me this story: he had to go to the bathroom and he had a little bit of pee-pee on his hand, and he wiped it on the wall. Well, Linda asked him what he did and he looked up and said "I just wiped it on the wall." and she said "no, we don't do that." and he very matter of factly said, "well, they're both yellow." (the walls in that bathroom are yellow.) Oh my, at least there was reason behind the action!
  • We have a little stool that the boys stand on to brush their teeth and wash their hands in the bathroom and they are starting to get too big to stand on it together, but when they were smaller, my mom and I both would say, "you need to scoot over a tad." Well, I realized several weeks ago that when it was time to brush their teeth, they would come running in and say "I want to scoot a tag. my grandma says scoot a tag." Completely cracks me up!
  • We have been using the timer for a while now as a motivation tool, but I had always used it as a more negative thing. If you don't finish before the timer goes off, then this is what will happen. Well, when Amy was visiting and she watched the boys for us that night, she turned it into a game for them, as in "Let's see if we can beat the timer and pick up all of our toys before it goes off." Now, they always want to see if they can beat the timer. Brilliant suggestion on her part!
  • Every morning when the boys get up, they ask, "Where's my daddy?" first thing. It warms my heart and breaks Micah's a little bit, I think. I love to see how excited they are to see him when he comes home.
  • I know I have mentioned how much they love to watch Camden and Rory on videos. Well, they have been sitting with me occasionally as I weed through literally thousands of pictures of them as babies (apparently, Micah and I did NOTHING, but prop them up and take pictures of them!) and they now say, "I want to see pictures of big boys, not baby boys." Sometimes, they recognize themselves and sometimes, they don't.
Today, they are going to my mother in laws for a couple of hours this morning and while I would love to use the time to do something completely enjoyable for me, I have some work that needs to get done and that consignment stuff didn't get done yesterday and I have a feeling it is not going to get done by itself! Maybe I will get some more pictures today too.

Comments

I was wondering how Micah felt he did on the test. I am sure he was more than prepared. The stories made me smile.
Finally got a chance to listen to the song. I loved it. Thanks for sharing it.

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album