Thankful Thursday (Friday edition)

So, I completely forgot to post a Thankful Thursday post yesterday.  Our Bible study wrapped up last week and this week we had our traditional lunch to wrap everything up and this year, I helped my friend Angela cook for everyone.  We had so much fun doing it, but it was definitely a bit of work and when I got home around 2 in the afternoon, I was exhausted and basically didn't do much the rest of the day.  We were supposed to go to a little Halloween carnival thing that they were having at Micah's school, but to be honest, I was so tired and didn't really want to deal with it, but was willing to go if Micah wanted to so that we could meet some of his classmates, etc.  BUT,  I was rather thankful that Micah called and said that he had way too much studying to do and he would only go if we really wanted to.  So, yay for everyone on that account!

Here is my Friday edition of Thankful Thursday:

  • Good books that stretch my thinking, challenge me to grow, and enrich my life.  I have been trying to do better about reading more and have been reading a book called Revolutionary Parenting recommended by my sister and it is so good.  We also have a little book club that is going to start next week at church.  We are going to read Crazy Love together and I have heard such great things about it and am very excited to read and discuss it with other women.
  • My dear husband who is working so hard at school--I don't think that I have it in me to do what he is doing and I know that it is so not easy, but I am so proud of how well he is doing.
  • The laughs and giggles and sweet hugs and funny things that my boys say (Xavier just came in and said "dude, you're killing me!")--they are a blessing and joy and I am extraordinarily blessed to be their mommy.
  • I am thankful that the majority of my obligations are over for a few weeks and we can focus on just life here at home (which is never boring, let me tell you!)


Comments

1. I am thankful for my husband who supports me and helps me when we are having a huge group over, like tonight. He always pitches in and picks up the slack, which can be a lot sometimes.
2. I am thankful for my friend Terry who is always ready to agree with me in prayer for whatever is troubling me.
3. I am thankful for the blessing of working so close to home.
Anonymous said…
Becky, thanks for the special pictures you sent. They came just in time for me to take to our hayride/wiener roast to show them off!!!
GMA Elledge

Popular posts from this blog

old friends

This guy

Africa Album