Yummy Chicken Recipe

After having a few weeks of unseasonable cold temperatures and feeling that fall had just passed us by, the last couple of days have been just beautiful.  It is a bit windy today, but we still managed to have a picnic on the front porch for lunch and I put the boys down for an early nap and told them that I would take them to the zoo when they wake up because it is so beautiful outside!

I was telling my sisters last weekend about this recipe and thought I would share it on here as well.  I have made it several times (which if you know me, that is quite an accomplishment, b/c I like to try out new recipes and often forget what is good and don't fix it for several months--or years!) and it is so easy and always turns out really good.

Zesty Italian Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c Italian salad dressing, divided
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tbsp Italian seasoning divided
4 potatoes peeled and quartered

Arrange chicken in slow cooker; sprinkle with half of salad dressing, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning ( I also add a bit of salt and pepper).  Add potatoes; top with remaining salad dressing, Parmesan and seasoning.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

I have made this the slow and long way and like it both ways.  I also should probably add that I rarely measure this anymore either, I figure why waste a measuring cup and just approximate.  Serve with a green salad or vegetable and you have a great easy meal.

Enjoy!

Comments

Amy said…
That sounds delicious and easy...my kind of meal! I'm going to have to try it soon.

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy