Did you know....

....that next Thursday is Thanksgiving??????? Seriously, am I the only one who feels like the month of November has just gotten away from her?  I think that I thought that I had another week to go, but sure enough, in 9 days, we will all be eating our turkey dinners.

I had a really wonderful trip to Alabama. It was definitely a quick trip--barely 24 hours there at the retreat, but I had a really good time meeting so many women.  We shared a lot of laughs and tears and then we all hugged! I loved that after each time that I spoke when women came up to me, they would just automatically reach out to hug me. I am definitely a "hugger" and it just did my heart good.  It was great to get home and see my boys.  It certainly strokes my ego when I haven't been gone but about 36 hours and the boys are just over the top excited to see me like it has been days.

We have been going non-stop since I got home and have just sat down to get my head together. I know that there are things that need to be done, but I am having a hard time getting motivated right now.  We had our church's annual food drive and pie auction on Sunday night, so I spent Sunday afternoon with a friend making Pumpkin Praline Pies for that.  Yesterday was busy running some errands and getting work stuff done.  We were supposed to go to one of Micah's classmates' house for dinner and I had promised cinnamon rolls, so I did that as well.  Unfortunately, they had a meeting at school so dinner was postponed, but his friends still got their cinnamon rolls.  Then, this morning, I headed into Tulsa with my mother in law to run some errands and go to the mall.  Since it is my birthday month, I had all kinds of coupons for free stuff at various stores, so I decided to tackle that today as well.  And I wanted to pick up this new Casting Crowns CD that I had pre-bought a few weeks ago.

My slightly exciting news for me is that the GPS that I had ordered with some birthday money showed up on our doorstep when we got home, so now I am armed and ready to go places without getting lost.  For those of you who know me, you know that I have a tendency to get lost, to "intuitively" turn the wrong way, so on and so forth.  We will see how accurate it is, but I can't help but think that it is going to be better than all the mapquest maps I have printed off and think of how many trees I will be saving! :)

I have attempted to scrap and have absolutely no mojo in that department. I am hoping that I will get inspired soon, because I desperately need to get our Christmas card done, but we will see what the week holds.  I think that I am going to go and cut coupons now...wow, my life sounds exciting!

Comments

Amy said…
It is so good to get an update from you! I'm glad everything went well this weekend. I'm so excited that you got a GPS...even though my trip to OK would not have been the same without the spontaneous tour of Tulsa! BAG!

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy