Thankful Thursday

Yesterday was a very busy day at our house.   The morning started with getting a phone call from my mom letting me know that my sister Elizabeth's father in law had unexpectedly passed away the night before.  So, I spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about his family, my brother in law and Elizabeth and just praying for comfort for them.  He was not very old and while we know that he is in heaven and is better than he ever was in life, it is still sad because I know how much he is going to be missed and it makes me just want to grab everyone that I love and hug them and tell them just how much I love them and appreciate them, because you never know what the next moment brings.

I continued the Christmas baking preparations by making buckeyes (peanut butter balls) that are my absolute weakness and favorite Christmas candy. My freezer is currently full of them and I am planning on them staying there until time to make up goody boxes.  You can see from the picture below how the boys helped me out with that!



Micah left yesterday at 5:30 am and got home around 10:30 pm and I have no idea how late he studied because I passed out around 11.  We left for Christmas tree practice around 6:30 and got home ourselves about 10:15, the poor boys were exhausted, and I am letting them just lay around and watch television this morning because we have another crazy day ahead of us.  Book study, then home for lunch and a nap, my mother in law is going to watch them during their nap so that I can go and visit a friend in the hospital, then we have the first performance of the Living Christmas Tree tonight so it will be another late night for us all.

I almost forgot to post my Thankful Thursday list:

  • Each dear person in my life--life is short and I never want to forget to be thankful for them.
  • Cold weather!  It has finally gotten cold here and I am enjoying bundling up for once.
  • the ability to work from home (and stay in my pajamas while I work, if I want to!)
  • the internet and cell phones that although can provide many distractions, they also keep us connected to so many that we love.
  • The assurance that for the believer life isn't over when we cease breathing in this world, but that life is just beginning and a life that we can only imagine how wonderful it is where there is no disease, no pain, no tears, no sadness....just worshipping our God and Savior! what a blessed promise!
What are you thankful for today?




Comments

Tia said…
Thankful for my own father, who left us too soon, but left a terrific legacy for our family to follow.
Brian Lewis said…
Thankful that you will be bringing some of those buckeyes to IL this Christmas. You WILL be bring us some of those, right?

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

This guy

Africa Album