Today, I am thankful....
- for the fact that it is 7:30 and my boys are still sleeping! (not very spiritual, I know, but it's true!) update: they got up at 7:45 and immediately wanted me to read the story of Moses from the "Jesus" book--pretty sweet, huh?
- that I live in a town with a mother-in-law who is willing to watch the boys at the drop of the hat making it easier on me to run a few quick errands. I don't ever want to take that for granted.
- that God's shoulders are more than sufficient to bear the burdens of our hearts. I am overwhelmed this morning with the number of people that I have on my prayer list with medical issues, job issues, relationship issues, etc. It is such a comfort to know that we do not bear those heartaches ourselves, but we have an all-sufficient Father who allows us to lay them at His feet.
- that my boys are learning about God and that I have the absolute privilege of teaching them about Him.
- for the wonder of technology that allows us to communicate with friends all over the world and to listen to some great speakers. Yesterday, I listened to a sermon by Francis Chan called the Greatest Lesson I Could Ever Teach and highly highly recommend it. You can go here and in the bottom right hand corner, it says 'Get Sermons' and a pop up box comes up and it is from 11/29/09. Find some time to go and listen to it, you won't be sorry!
What are you thankful for today?