Weekend

As you will see, I have been very busy this weekend, so much so that I hardly had time to open blogger to blog about my exciting weekend.  I have been very busy doing this:


and this:



and this:



and this:



and this:



it's been a very productive weekend for me in the scrapping department.  And amazingly, my house is still clean and there is laundry to be folded, but it has been completely worth it.  Oh, and the boys have behaved and are still alive.

One of my sadnesses that comes from not being in France has been that I have always so looked forward to and that was going to happen when we back in 2007 was that I was actually going to live in the same town as my friend Lynette who has been just a dear dear friend and mentor to me and I was so looking forward to living close to her and we were going to meet together and pray together and learn together and grow together and I think that I have mourned that as much as anything.   The reason I share this is that through church and ladies' Bible study, I have made a connection with another lady at our church and we have developed a friendship that is growing into one similar to what envisioned happening with Lynette.  It is different of course, because we don't have the shared history that Lynette and I do, but she has such a heart for the Lord and I look forward to how God is going to use her in my life.  Anyway, all of that to say that she came over yesterday morning and we were able to spend 3 hours visiting, drinking coffee, discussing Bible study, and sharing how we can pray for each other and finally praying together. It has been a gift from the Lord, let me tell you, and I am just so thankful to the Lord for how He provides and gives us gifts of friendship that we weren't really expecting, yet that we needed so desperately.   So, that was a great start to the weekend and now I am sitting here staying up a bit too late watching the women's figure skating championship and blogging a bit.  Tomorrow, Micah and I start teaching a college age Sunday School class which should be interesting, but we are both looking forward to it.

Okay, rambling is over.  Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Comments

Melissa said…
You have been a busy girl! Glad you've found a new friend. Want to send one my way? :)

Popular posts from this blog

old friends

This guy

Africa Album