Heavy heart

It has been one of those weekends where we have had to make some difficult decisions, decisions that will affect the life of our family, decisions that others may or may not understand, and that we really can't speak about openly, but ones that we felt were the right ones, the decisions that we felt wouldn't necessarily be the popular one, but the one that at the end of the day, we could stand before the Lord and know that it was the right one for us, for our family.  I don't know if you have ever been there or can understand the difficult place that we found ourselves in--oh, and there was lots of puke yesterday on top of it all!  So, it has just been not a great weekend.  I am thankful that William is feeling better today.  He woke up from his nap puking all over the place and then seemed to be better after that, ate a bit of dinner, and slept well.  But, I was still hesitant to take him this morning since it was yesterday afternoon when he was still sick.  Thankfully, Xavier has shown zero signs of getting the same bug.

We have been enjoying watching the Olympics and the boys have both decided that they want to do all Olympic sports.  William told me this afternoon that he was going to slide on the sled (luge) and Xavier and Mommy are going to come watch me.  And Xavier informed Micah this morning that he loves to snowboard and he would love for Micah to take him.  I don't know when to break it to him that Micah doesn't really do sports like that.  There is also a part of me that thinks if they want to do it, then of course, they can.  They can do anything they put their minds to!  Of course, not living in a winter sport climate is probably going to make some of those 'dreams' difficult to fulfill!

I did manage to do this layout today about the boys:

Comments

Unfortunately, I know all to well about being in the place you are in now. I will pray for peace and for understanding for those around you.
Amy said…
I'm praying for you, Becky. I'm sorry that you're in this place of having to make these kind of decisions. I'm praying that the Lord will give you the peace and strength that you need. Love you!
LaCombe said…
Praying for you Becky, for you have been through so much already and now another big decision weighing on your hearts, but I know that God has plans and if this is it, your family will support you all the way, no matter what, cause you have a great and loving family and I send my Prayers and Love to you as well! Love, Kathy
Monica said…
Blessings on you and Micah! Praying that you will find shelter in his hands during this time of your life!
Anonymous said…
Our love and prayers are with you!!
Grandma & Grandpa E.
Tia said…
May God bless you with the peace that passes understanding in difficult decisions. Praying for you with love.
listgirl said…
Hi Becky - I'm sorry about the tough decisions you've had to make. I'm praying for you right now.

Popular posts from this blog

old friends

This guy

Africa Album