Same story, different day

Do you ever feel like you are constantly having to be reminded of the same things?  Somedays, I wonder if my thick skull will ever quite grasp certain spiritual truths and that I won't have to be reminded so often of them.  Our Thursday morning Bible Study has started a new study based on the Deeper Still conferences by Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore, and Kaye Arthur.  The book is Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study of David.  We are just into the second week and for the most part, it has been good, but I haven't loved it like I have loved some of the other Bible studies that we have done.  Then, this morning, I am working on my lesson and it is about being disappointed/frustrated with where life has put you and for the first page and a half, I am thinking that I am good (that was probably my first problem!).  My life certainly has not ended up where I thought that it would, and while I have been disappointed and sad about that, I also don't feel like I have been disappointed with God or angry at Him for that fact--does that make sense?  I don't think that I am deluding myself when I say that those are two different issues in my mind.  So, then, I come to this sentence in the study:  "Whatever your life entails right now--no matter how far removed it seems from what you expected--He has anointed you and divinely equipped you to not merely handle it, but to thrive in it."  I often don't feel very divinely equipped to be a mom, to work the job that I am working, to be a wife to a medical school student, but the truth is that we have been given 'everything that we need for life and godliness' (I Pet 1:3) and on my own, I am not divinely equipped, but through the power of His Holy Spirit working in me, I am not just able to fulfill the tasks given to me in this season of my life, but I am able to thrive, to do them well, to honor God with the results.  It was such a good reminder to me.  I know that God has brought us where we are for a reason; we have clearly seen His hand working in our lives.  So why do I often live as if I am struggling to make it through the days?  Lord, forgive me, and help me to see You in the every day moments and even when I don't see Your plan, help me to live with the confidence and knowledge that there is a plan, because that, after all, is what faith is.




Comments

Melissa said…
Can I just remind you that you never sent me this picture of the 2 of us!
Monica said…
thriving, soaring, running, those things often don't match our "mundane" lives, do they? Great post and reminder Becky! Where are you working?

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

This guy

Africa Album