Thankful Thursday

I have to be honest and tell you that I haven't been very thankful this week, I am not sure why I am struggling in that department, well, except for the fact that I know that I am allowing life circumstances and frustrations to occupy my mind and instead of resting in the knowledge of what I know to be true--that God has brought us to this exact place in life and that He has purpose in it and He is working all things for our good--in spite of knowing all of that, I have allowed myself to be overwhelmed, frustrated, irritable, easily angered, etc, etc....

Today, I am choosing to be thankful for....

  • little boys who have energy that exhausts me--it also exhilarates me 
  • my husband who is gone from our house seemingly all the time--because he loves us and is working very hard to succeed in med school in order to serve the Lord and provide for his family
  • my job that is not difficult, yet can be frustrating and finding a balance is not always easy--but I am home all the time, I care for my boys, I get to teach them about the Lord, about life--Lord, help me to teach them the right things.
  • so many things that we take for granted--our house, our cars, food in our refrigerator, money to pay bills, the extravagances that we have, in comparison to so many in this world, we have so much and yet, it never seems enough...
I have so much to be thankful for and yet it seems so much easier to complain and be frustrated, why is that?  I want to always recognize the many blessings that are present in my life every day, because there are so many. 

What are you thankful for today?

Comments

Monica said…
I am thankful for your blog today! I appreciate you looking for the good in the small but challenging situations. As two of my close friends with twin boys like to say: "It's double the trouble, but double the fun!"
Melissa said…
a good pediatrician (even if I do have to drive way too far to get to him) :)
LaCombe said…
Very Thankful to be able to read your Blog and know all you say is so true! It is easier to be frustrated, angry, complain, but to know that wants us to be peaceful and know that he is God! Thank You Becky! Love ya

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy