Seriously?

This time change is killing me!!  First, we about overslept for church on Sunday--we made it on time, but it was close.  Then, yesterday I left the house at 6:45 for my PET scan which you know 'felt' like 5:45 and I felt like I was going to fall asleep while driving the entire trip in.  This morning, we all slept in again, not too late, but almost 8 AM--which for us is VERY late.  It is now 10:17 and I am still struggling to get moving.  Every year when the time change comes around, I start to feel a bit older.  When I was in college working at the bank, people would come in all the time and complain about the time change and how it was killing them.  I was always thinking, 'seriously, it is an hour, what is the big deal?'  So, now I am officially one of those people--it is an hour of my life that I will never get back....unless you count the fall when we all gain an extra hour, but right now that seems very far away.

I have to say that I love Micah being on spring break because we were able to have some friends over last night as an impromptu dinner.  Don't you love friends that you don't feel like you have to have your house clean from top to bottom and a fancy feast fixed for them to come over.  The boys had a blast playing with their little boy and little girl.  We enjoyed the conversation and friendship.  I made homemade pizza--pepperoni and taco as well as some cheesy breadsticks with some Penzey's 4S Seasoned Salt that I am addicted to lately. And then threw together Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Cake from her cookbook (also available here)--seriously easy and seriously good!

Okay, funny story from church on Sunday.  We go to pick the boys up from their class and their teacher gives us this picture drawn by Xavier:

...and proceeds to tell us that Xavier explained to him that this was a reindeer and the tiger that was getting ready to eat him.   I can't say for certain, but this may or may not stem from a few hours of watching Planet Earth where they believe in telling the whole story of how animals survive and feed off of each other.  I thought it was pretty cute.  And I completely plan to scrap a page about it! :)

Speaking of scrapping, for those who have asked, I am working on a little post about scrapbooking, so stay tuned!

Comments

Melissa said…
That picture is hilarious!
Amy said…
My mouth is watering from reading last night's menu! I NEED some of that chocolate cake RIGHT NOW!!!
listgirl said…
I feel pretty old then, because now it takes me a few days to get used to the time change. I think I can just write-off the morning workouts this week!

That drawing is hilarious! Did you know that I'm not allowed to watch nature shows? I'm sensitive. Todd doesn't want me to get all upset about the animals eating each other and the circle of life.
Joel Y. said…
Loved the picture! I am with you about the time-change. Who was the idiot that thought that idea up? I think it was Benjamin Franklin... :/

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy