Miscellaneous

We have had so much going on this week, but there have been some little snippets of different stuff that I thought I would share:

Home improvement week:  our washer (yes, the infamous one that the pump went out on) died last week and because of many different circumstances, we ended up with a brand spankin' new washer and dryer and do you know that I love them and it kind of makes me want to do laundry more than once a week?  Spending that kind of money on appliances is always almost panic inducing to me, because it is so nerve wracking trying to decide if it is the right decision, etc.  But, we were so thankful that we had the money from our tax refund that was still unused and there was a good sale going on over the weekend of the Fourth.  In other home improvement news, Micah decided to replace the hardware in our bathroom sinks since the old stuff was rusting and leaking.  Well, that led to having to replace the sinks themselves because they were rusted through as well.  For those of you who know us, you know that neither Micah nor I are very handy when it comes to repair/handyman things, but Micah did a great job and I am quite proud of him for taking it on and completing it so well.  It did take a couple of days and a few re-dos to make them not leak, but I have decided that Micah IS indeed fairly handy, he just doesn't like to admit it.

Some stories about the boys:
  • last weekend while visiting friends, we got into the car and Xavier starts looking around and says "there aren't any clouds, so Jesus can't come back."  And so, I start to ask him about it and he just says, 'well, Jesus is coming back in clouds and I don't see any clouds, so I guess he's not there.'  about that time, we come out from a small wooded area and he spies some clouds in the distance, "oh there's those clouds, [shielding his eyes from the sun] I'm just lookin' for Jesus."
  • the boys are notoriously slow eaters, seriously, it takes them FOREVER to eat.  Earlier this week, Micah and I had finished, I was cleaning up and William had finished way before Xavier and I had given William a popsicle and told Xavier that he was in danger of losing the privilege of having a popsicle, he is still taking forever to finish his meal and finally when William is almost done with his popsicle, Xavier finishes and I break it to him that he isn't going to get one.  I have to say that I almost relented when I saw the heartbreak on that boys face.  William looks at him and says, "brudder, you can have the juice in the bottom of my popsicle"--pretty sweet and disgusting all at the same time.  I told William he could finish his own popsicle, but he was very sweet to share.
  • Yesterday morning, Xavier got up and came and sat on my lap like always and looks up at me and says, "mommy, I want you to have another baby and I want a girl. Can we have a baby sister?"  It kind of broke my heart a little bit all day yesterday.  We talked about it a bit more--he was pretty insistent on a girl, although he was concerned that we don't currently have a 'girl room'  I tried to explain the best I could on a four year old level that I couldn't actually have any more babies, but that maybe one day God would give us a little girl to come and live with us and be part of our family.
  • William got a little bit choked the other night at supper (this is a common occurrence and it isn't bad), but after he was okay again, he starts laughing and says, 'ooh, that made the hair on my arms stand up!'
In other news, Micah is leaving on Monday for trip to Chicago for some meetings that he has to attend as president of Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA) and we have spent the last week making sure he has sufficient business clothing for the trip.  This week begins what I see as the end of July since we have quite a bit going on over the next few weeks.  Lots of visitors and craziness, but I am looking forward to it.

Comments

Amy said…
Yay for a new washer/dryer! A new appliance always make housework a little less mundane!

I love the sweet stories. I can just hear their precious voices!

Sounds like the rest of your month is jam-packed. If you have any quiet moments (I know those are few and far between at your house!), give me a call! :)
You should seriously consider writing a book about the spiritual growth of your boys. That Jesus in the clouds story is beautiful. You and Micah have done an awesome job of training them.

And, yippee for the new appliances.
Brian Lewis said…
Those boys crack me up!

Honestly, the clouds story was a bit convicting to me.

"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise"
-Psalm 8:2

You're great parents!

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy