Remembering the Fourth

So, this weekend I did some scrapping and managed to unwittingly scrap pages from July 4th from 2006, 2008, and 2009--they were just pictures in my "to be scrapped" folder and it turned out that I felt inspired to scrap them.  So, I thought I would share them in all their glory! :)
2006--obviously, it was nighttime and i have a wonky look on my face, but I still love our little family

2009--the boys have decided that the fireworks are a bit loud for them!

2008--I just love how little and cute they all are here--they grow up so fast!

In other news, Micah left this morning for Chicago.  We are definitely missing him, but have lots going on this week to keep us busy.  Tomorrow is the Go10 Walk for me. I am walking the last shift which starts at 3 pm.  A friend has graciously agreed to come and hang out with the boys for as long as it takes me to walk 10 miles.  I keep going to their website and watching videos and keep getting all weepy about it all.  I just think it is an amazing adventure that Joe Wilson (the coordinator) has taken on.  And they have raised a lot of money to help keep missionaries on the field and help new ones get to the field.  There is still time to donate and help them meet their goal of $500,000.

Over the next 14 days, we are going to have 4 sets of visitors at our house--very dear friends and family--and so my little hostess hat came out today and I started making preparations for their arrival.  I made a double batch of spaghetti sauce for the freezer and a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  I baked some of the cookies and the others, I rolled into balls and put on baking sheets and froze them so that when our guests are here, I can just pull them out and bake some up for them.  I haven't tried that with this particular recipe, so here is hoping that they turn out okay.   But, the nice thing is that everyone that is coming are so dear to us that I don't feel pressure of having to have the perfect thing, they love me enough that even if I feed them something that is just "bleh", I am pretty sure they will still love me.  Of course, now that I have typed all of that out, I am starting to have a bit of insecurity and wondering if maybe I need to be a bit more concerned about wowing them with my cooking skills (do you know I first wrote that as "skillz" with a z because I thought it was funny?)

Obviously, I am digressing, hope you had a good Monday!

Comments

Monica said…
Ah yes...the demon of hospitality...insecurity! I long for the day I can have someone over without stressing over everything. And I really like your idea of freezing the cookie dough! I've never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense. Hope your walk & company time goes well!
Melissa said…
Oh, you should definitely pull out your cooking skillz. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

This guy

Africa Album