Another name

The end of last week ended up being pretty busy which kept me from blogging and then on Friday night just as things were slowing down and giving way to the weekend that wasn't going to be as busy, I received a phone call sharing some news that made me just not want to even poke my head into the blog.  Several months ago, I shared about attending a special prayer service for the sister and daughter of some friends.  She was battling metastatic breast cancer and the doctors had told them that the treatment that they were pursuing was not having the effects that they wanted/needed.  They have been on my mind often these last few weeks and on Friday afternoon, Sharon was healed of the disease that was destroying her earthly body.  Of course, that healing that we are so thankful for also means her absence from this world.  It means a mom and dad have lost the physical presence of their daughter, a husband has lost his wife, a sister has lost her sister.  And our hearts grieve, because it hurts.... it doesn't make sense.  This morning as I prayed for her family as they prepare for the service today, I also had to thank God for the fact that Sharon is no longer suffering, no longer struggling to breathe, but that she is radiant before the throne, she is basking in His presence, she is more alive than she has ever been.  And so I praise Him for that and ask for His loving arms to envelope her family and loved ones and give them comfort.

And with a heavy heart, I add to the list of women that I run/walk in memory of in September at the Race for the Cure.

Comments

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Praying for comfort for you and her family.
Amy said…
Oh, Becky, I'm so sorry. Praying for you and her family!
LaCombe said…
I am so sorry for the lose of a loved and dear friend, and Pray for the families healing!You are so right when you say she is healed and what a healing that is to be in the presence of the Lord. Love and Pray for you Becky

Popular posts from this blog

old friends

This guy

Africa Album