Friday

Last night a cool front moved in and gave way to an amazing day today!!  The sun was shining, but there was a nice cool breeze, the high was supposed to be low 80s.  A pretty perfect day, in my opinion.  A friend from college recently moved to the area and the boys and I met up with her and her three boys at the zoo this morning. It was actually kind of cool when we arrived and I wondered if I should have brought a jacket.  That is so nice, to actually want to put more clothing on as opposed to wanting to peel layers off!  We had a very fun zoo visit (even met up with another friend and her two girls!) although sadly there were no good pictures taken.  When your group consists of 7 kids and three adults, I decided we were doing good to get in and around the zoo.  Then, we ended with lunch at McDonalds while Allison and I caught up and let the boys run wild in the play area.  That completely exhausted the boys and they took a 2 hour nap when we got home! YAY!  Which gave me a good excuse/opportunity to do some actual work.

I have been craving Taco Soup for some reason and since it is slightly cooler today, I decided to go ahead and make up a pot.  We are waiting for Micah to come home to eat and then we are going to enjoy the evening with him.  He had his first exam of the year today and said he thought it was pretty easy--which, in my mind, is just a reflection of how hard he had studied.

Hope your Friday was good and you have a great weekend!

Oh, and here are a few layouts from this week.  It is BYOC (Build Your Own Collab) time at the Lily Pad and so most of these layouts are using those products!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy