Wednesday's Words

Heard around the Derby household this week....

yesterday afternoon, I look out and see the boys sitting on top of their little picnic table, on the same side, looking up at the roof, I pop my head out the door and William says:
"we just talking about his Hulk and Power Ranger that he frew up dere"

tonight at dinner, the boys and I went down to school to have dinner with Micah while he took a break from studying, Xavier says:
"I am just being a slow-coke"

this morning, William wasn't too happy with what he was wearing and kept telling me:
"mommy, I want to change my alphabet"

Recently read around our house:
  • The Help:  just finished it this weekend, it was so good, about the plight of blacks working for whites in Mississippi in the 60s.  
  • The Kiterunner:  I had heard a lot of really good things about the book and while it was well written, it just made me really sad. Can't decide if I want to read the other book by this author: A Thousand Splendid Suns.
  • Radical:  I am just starting this one, but so far it is very thought provoking in the same vein as Crazy Love --thought provoking.
  • Rapid Review Pathology:  this one would be Micah's along with several other medical-ish books.  This one is of note though because the author is actually his professor.  Dr. Goljan is apparently the pathology guru who travels the medical school circuit teaching the board review of pathology and making major money for it, and he is Micah's professor--pretty cool, I think.
Heard or read anything notable around your household this Wednesday?


P.S. the boys loved preschool yesterday as I knew they would.  William shed a little tear when he realized that he wasn't going to get to eat "wunch" there.  They were quite happy to go back today!


Comments

Amy said…
You know how I love the boys' funny stories! Keep em coming!

I just started Radical this week, too. It's really good and reminds me alot of Crazy Love also!

Glad they loved preschool...I bet you did too!!! :)
Mayme said…
Highly recommend A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Love the boys conversation. It reminds me of my guys when they were little.
Tia said…
I've been reading through some old Reader's Digests from the late 1960's and early 1970's. We found them in a tote of my grandpa's old things. Some articles are plain old funny it's been so long, but many articles are still dead on for the issues we face today on religion, politics, family, and health.

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album