What day is it?

That is kind of how I felt when I sat down to type this little bit up....This week is blessedly going by quickly, but I am just feeling like we are headed at light speed toward 2011 and I haven't even had a chance to enjoy 2010.

Just thought I would add a little update on Xavier.  We are still battling infection.  I can't remember if I mentioned on here that it is some sort of fungal infection...and I am being too lazy to go and check...but anyway, it is some sort of fungal infection--who knows where it came from.  But, our doctor is firmly against treating it with antibiotics (apparently, those create an environment where fungus can grow) and so we are doing anti-fungal drops, which, by the way, apparently burn like fire when you have a hole in your ear and the drops seep into the back of your throat.  Also, we have been back to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon and will be heading back again tomorrow.  Somehow, I find it extremely disgusting and slightly disturbing that I can basically look in my son's ear and see white stuff growing.  I am committed to not letting it get to the point that it did last week and so am basically making a nuisance of myself at the doctor's office.  On Tuesday, after being there on Thursday, Friday, Monday morning, and back again Tuesday afternoon, I assured the doctor that in general, we are not difficult people, but this is my baby.  I did speak with him about the varying opinions that I had been receiving and he told me that obviously he wants me to listen to him, to which my father in law said I should have then asked for his personal cell phone number since we can't always get a hold of him.  So, we are headed back again tomorrow afternoon for them to 'vacuum' his ear out again.  The good news is that unless I am putting drops in his ear, he seems fine.  He doesn't complain and hasn't seemed in pain--absolutely nothing like last week, for which I am thankful.  I am just hoping that we can get this cleared up without too much more pain and trouble.


A friend sent me this card this week and it completely cracked me up:

Happy Thursday!

Comments

Tia said…
Sorry to hear your sweet baby is having problems. I will pray that he recovers quickly.
LaCombe said…
Will Pray for healing of your precious baby and strength for you to get through all of this and Micah to get through his exams and hopefully have a little time to spend with all of you during this Christmas season. Have a very Merry Christmas! Love and Prayers, Kathy
Jane said…
Oh my gosh! That is the funniest cartoon ever! And you make AMAZING CAKEBALLS! Thank you! :)

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album