To Resolve or Not?

 I welcomed 2011 last night by being fast asleep in my own bed---not too exciting, but it felt pretty perfect to me. We have been so busy these last few weeks, and we had just gotten home from yet another little trip that tucking myself into bed early seemed like the best way to ring in the new year.  A friend called me this morning and we chatted a bit about resolutions and whether or not I had made any and I have been catching up a bit on my blog reading and seeing others' posts about new year's resolutions.  I still haven't decided whether or not to make official ones.  I went back and read my post from last year and decided that while those were definitely good goals, some of them were pretty difficult to measure.  I accomplished some, halfway achieved others, and failed miserably on a couple.  So, this year, I am just calling them goals (not that it really matters), and I am listing things that I want to start doing or to continue doing.

Goals for 2011:
  • Do Project 365--I love looking at everyone else's projects and as scared as it makes me to actually commit to it, I know that I will be thankful for the collection of memories and also that it will help me improve my photography skills.
  • Continue reading!  I have so enjoyed my rediscovered love for the written word and that is definitely on my list of "to do's" for the new year.
  • Exercise.   So not high on my list of desires, but very high on the list of important for my health.
  • Continue my One Thousand Gifts.
I actually think I am stopping there. I have many personal and spiritual goals/thoughts, but am feeling today like they are for me and my head and not the world wide web. 

A few layouts:


Happy New Year!
Bonne Annee!

Comments

Amy said…
Happy New Year, Becky! I hope this is a great year for your sweet family and I really hope 2011 includes us seeing each other! :)
Monica said…
I like your way of celebrating! We hadn't planned to be up to see the new year in, but it just worked out that way. And if you participate in the 365 project, I hope you post some of them! Sounds pretty cool!

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy