Thursday morning

I am sitting in Melissa's room while she is resting.  While I don't think that she got a ton of rest last night, she seems to be doing relatively well.  I have been here for a couple hours and am sitting with her while Brian runs an errand or two.  We have been talking and while she is pretty uncomfortable, her spirits are really good.  She is making me feel better and she is choosing to be positive, to trust, to deal with today and recovery.  She knows that the multitude of prayers that are being said on her behalf and on the behalf of her family are making a difference.  There has been such a sweet outpouring of love for her and for all of us and we are so thankful for those who have been thinking of us.

I have so many thoughts going through my head and heart that will most likely come out at some point.   Just so thankful for the many ways we are seeing God's hand, for the comfort and peace that we have that comes from knowing Him.   Last night, when my mom and I were able to see her just for a moment, we both commented on how good she looked.  She just had a peace and serenity that was visible on her face.  We know that comes only from our Lord.  She continues to have that countenance today.

"Bless the Lord, oh my soul, all that is within me, bless His holy name!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Becky, you don't know me, but I am one of Melissa's friends. (we waited for Rory and Molly together through the same agency)

Thank you so much for posting an update. It makes my heart smile knowing that she has all of you there with her. She is an amazing woman and I know that she will go through this journey with grace.

Many prayers and much love being sent to all of you.

Melissa in Minnesota
Angie said…
Thanks for the update Becky! Melissa and all of the family have been on my mind since hearing the news yesterday. It just breaks my heart to know that your family is going through this again. But I know that God is faithful and will be right there with Melissa through this journey.

My kids haven't seen Camden in a few years, but they remember him so last night during our family worship time, I told them about Melissa so that we could pray for all of them. This morning they were talking about her and saying that we don't want to forget to pray. So we are all praying and will continue to do so!!

I'm right here in Nashville, so please let me know if there is anything I can do to help now and in the days ahead!
Mayme said…
Thanks for the update Becky. Please tell Melissa that I love her and am praying for her. She is dear to me and I know that if there is anyone who can deal with this with a positive attitude, it is her.

Please let me know if I can do anything for you guys.
joelsgirl said…
I'm hurting and praying for you guys so much right now. I will continue to lift up your family right now, and I'm so thankful that Melissa is experiencing His peace. Love you!
happymom said…
My heart hurts for you and your family. I'm praying and I'm here if you need anything.
I shared with my sisters about Melissa and they are praying, too. I would like her address if you would send it to me. My email is fletdvab@sstelco.com. Thank you.
LaCombe said…
Becky, you know my love and Prayers are with your and your family! Trust in the Lord Always! Love you, Kathy

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album