Back

The boys and I reluctantly left Nashville yesterday to return to Oklahoma.  We managed to make the 575 mile trip in just about nine hours and only making one stop.  Yes, we have bladders of steel in our house...either that or we were all borderline dehydrated.  I had such mixed emotions about leaving, but finally came to the decision that the boys were in need of a little bit of routine and I probably needed to catch up on a little bit of work that had been dropped when I left town.  My boss is my father in law who is incredibly supportive and so I am thankful for the flexibility of my job and an understanding boss and husband. 

I have to be honest today and am struggling with getting focused on my work. I keep just thinking about my family and wanting to be there with them.  I am stalking Melissa's blog and facebook for updates.  It certainly helps me to know that she is feeling better and is on her way home from the hospital tomorrow.  My dad is also on his way down to be there for a few days and so I am very thankful for that.  I know that she is in good hands and an update is never far away, but it was just good to be there and to see her with my own eyes every day.  She and Brian are amazing me with their strength. 

It was great to see Micah for a few hours last night, but that is all we will get until Sunday when he gets back from a trip to Washington, D.C. for D.O. Day on the Hill.  This trip has been planned for several months and so we are just going to have to be content with what we got for a few days.  The boys were thrilled to be back at school this morning, shouting out to their friends about how much they missed them.  It was very cute. 

Okay, back to work.  Been listening to this song again today:
by Christy Nockels
 
Our God is, a consuming fire,
A burning holy Flame, with glory and freedom
Our God is, the only righteous judge,
Ruling over us with kindness and wisdom

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You

A mighty fortress is our God
A sacred refuge is Your Name
Your Kingdom is unshakable
With You forever we will reign

Our God is, jealous for His own
None could comprehend, His love and His mercy
Our God is exalted on His throne
High above the heavens
Forever He’s worthy...

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You
So we can set our hearts on You
Lord we will set our hearts on You!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen on the song! Love you, girl!(I've lost 3 of my comments already~SO here goes).....
Gma E
LaCombe said…
Continued Love and Prayers for you and your family! You were my strength and I am sure you are hers as well as she is yours. You are incrediable! Blessings and Love, Kathy

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy