Monday

I made it back from Nashville last night and I was thankful to be home, to have super sweet hugs from my boys.  Even though I was only gone a few days, the boys (Xavier in particular) really seemed to miss me.  And as nice as a few days being kid free was, I have to admit that there is nothing quite like coming home to hugs and kisses and my little (okay, getting-bigger-all-the-time) boys snuggling up on my lap.  My weekend at Melissa's was really special though and I am so thankful that I got to go.  On Saturday, my mom, sisters and I headed out for a day of shopping, food, and fun.  We all ended up getting Easter dresses--the first ones in a long time for most of us.  We ate lunch at what I thought was a 'new to me'  restaurant called Chuy's that Micah informed me when I got home that we had eaten at together.  I still have no memory of this, but will take his word for it since his memory is much better than mine. We ended the day at Cold Stone Creamery which was next to a little cupcake bakery called IveyCake and since our family is in the midst of a cupcake craze, I decided to get some cupcakes to bring home for the boys.  The crazy thing was that while I was talking to the girl working the counter about how I was taking them back to Oklahoma, she says that she is from Oklahoma, "oh really, where?", "Owasso"---small world is all I am saying! By the way, for you Nashville dwellers, we highly recommend the "I Do" cupcake--vanilla with vanilla buttercream--it was amazing, one of our favorite cupcakes ever and we have been eating our fair share of cupcakes this year!

I am trying to get going this morning, I did not sleep well last night although I was exhausted, I had just lots of things going through my mind.  I was encouraged this morning as I read the Scripture that is listed last on my list of gifts this week and I am committing it to memory today.  And I even exercised this morning (see above paragraph for all the reasons why I was feeling compelled to).

I thought I would share our one picture of all four of us from Saturday.  Yes, it is blurry and dark and not a great picture, but it is 'us' and it was a great memory!

 

384.        Flowers from a friend
385.        Cool breeze coming in the window
386.        Sound of birds in the backyard
387.        Help from friends
388.        “For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand, who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’ “
389.        forgiving hugs from boys after a particularly difficult evening and losing my cool
390.        a safe trip to and from Nashville
391.        encouraging news from the doctor
392.        a fun day shopping with my mom and sisters
393.        a ‘chance’ meeting at Camden’s baseball practice with another mom
394.        Ps. 66:12  “we went through fire and through water, yet you brought us into a place of abundance.”




Comments

Amy said…
Hey Becky! I've been really bad about commenting lately but,hey, I guess I have a good reason. :) I'm so glad you were able to be with Melissa last week for her doctor's appointment. I have been praying for all of you and will continue. Please don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call if you need a listening ear. I love you!
I just spent five days with my sisters. There is nothing better! I am glad you got to be with your family again. Praying for Melissa.
Annette said…
I'm so glad you could be there again! Sisters are the best!

We ate at Chuy's the last time we were in Dallas. It was wonderful.

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy