TheDerbyDoos

Monday, April 11, 2011

One Thousand Gifts, April 11

We had a relatively uneventful weekend.  The boys had soccer on Saturday and, honestly, I get so much pleasure from watching them out there running around, playing, and learning.  I didn't even take my camera this week, but I will most definitely be taking it the next few times.  Their short little season is going to be over before we know it.  The program they are in is extremely laid back, they only meet once a week for an hour, and they spend the first 30 minutes doing fun little games to try to teach them a bit about soccer (i.e. no hands, etc.) and then they scrimmage for the last 30 minutes.  The program's goal is mostly to give them a good and fun introduction to soccer and if we continue next year, that is when they will really begin to learn more about the sport.  Personally, I find it to be a nice introduction for parents to their children playing sports as well.

I didn't get a chance to post this last week, so I just combine the last two weeks for my one thousand gifts post.


353.        Little boys who want prayer journals
354.        A teacher who has modeled “prayer journals” and inspired them
355.        A safe 9 hr journey through the night
356.        A lighted cross on a hill
357.        Many calls from friends helping me along the way
358.        Comfort of family
359.        Comforting, encouraging words
360.        Visits from friends at the hospital
361.        Waiting with hope
362.        A peace that abides when we don’t get the news we ask for
363.        More visits and hugs from friends
364.        A peaceful and serene looking sister
365.        Rest
366.        More pink in her cheeks
367.        Good spirits
368.        My brother watching the kids
369.        Pain medicine
370.        Anti nausea meds
371.        Compassionate physicians
372.        The Body being the Body
373.        Seeing God’s provision
374.        Rocking Rory after her bath
375.        Singing with her “my God is so big, so strong, and so mighty, there’s nothing my God  cannot  do”
376.        A safe trip home
377.        My in-laws bringing dinner (with plenty for leftovers)
378.        Dinner with friends
379.        A community of young survivors
380.        Red cheeks on the boys after soccer practice
381.        A picnic on the porch requested by William
382.        The prayers of a friend that shares my burdens and reminds me of God’s truth
383.        Excited squeals of joy from boys upon seeing their daddy at the airport


No comments: