Library Days

For the past couple of summers, we have been active participants in the Summer Reading Program at the library.  I grew up loving to read and I hope that I instill that love in my boys, and so we try to head to the library at least once a week to pick out new books.  I love that the boys love books about nature and specifically animals.  In fact, except for the fact that I insist they also pick some story books as well (mostly for my own sanity), they would be quite content to pick only books from the animal/nature book aisles.   Honestly, you can only read through so many books every week about sloths and beetles and cheetahs--those books are high on words...and by high, I mean 'single-spaced-small-font-pages-filled.'  And as much as I adore reading the minute details of the life cycle of beetles, bees, and ants, I need a little light reading every now and then as well!

Anyway, this year, we have also discovered that they have performances and special events for kids each week as well.  A few weeks ago there was a kids' rock band that played loud fun kids songs and they had all of the kids up and dancing and I am not going to lie, it was entertaining.  Xavier LOVES to dance, when he hears a song with a beat, his shoulders immediately go up and he starts moving his arms and bopping to the beat and completely cracks me up!  I took this video for Micah, it is from my phone, so the quality is not that awesome, but I think you will get the 'spirit' of the event!

Comments

Monica said…
your video is "private" :(
Anonymous said…
I really want to see that video!
Mom
Melissa said…
LOVE it. Xavier's definitely got some moves. There's something so fun and innocent in children before they've got inhibitions.

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy