And I'm back...

If you have read my blog for any length of time, you probably know that I go on extended little blog breaks and eventually find my way back on here.  Well, this morning when I finally decided to log on to blogger, I discovered that everything looks differently and so in addition to trying to figure out a quick way to update the blog on the happenings of the last few weeks, I am also trying to figure out the new layout. 

Since I last posted, we have had our annual Derby Fourth of July celebration, had one day of swim lessons, made an impromptu trip to Nashville, returned to Oklahoma, started VBS, and attempted to catch up on the day to day activities of daily life.  Oh, and tried to survive the ridiculous weather.  It has been so hot and dry here that our yard has pretty much become a big patch of brown, dead grass and when it is 6 o'clock at night and the temperature is still reading 103 degrees, you know it is hot.  In fact, as we were driving to VBS last night, the temperature at the high school read 122 (now, I am pretty sure that it was not in fact 122 degrees, but it has been pretty miserable). 

I will just link you to my sister's blog to read in depth about her last couple of weeks, but honestly, she has had a really rough few weeks that has culminated in two different hospital stays, a surgery to remove her infected abdominal port, and then a MRSA infection--all of those things are not good, but when you are a cancer patient going through treatment, it can be very dangerous.  I was so thankful that I was able to go and see her last week, leaving the boys with some very dear friends along the way who graciously added my  two crazies to their three girls.  It is so hard to be so far away while my sister is going through so much difficulty and it definitely did my heart good to go and to just be there for a few days.  Since she was in the hospital, I stayed with my dear friend Kari in Nashville who allowed me to show up late and leave early and one night we pulled out pictures from college days and laughed (or 'cackled' as her husband said the next day) until even later as we reminisced about some seriously fun(ny) times!

Swim lessons will be a post all their own.  Suffice it to say that William loved them, Xavier did not.  Since we only made it to one lesson, we rescheduled and will be starting our two weeks of lessons next Monday. 

I would love to have a picture or two for you, but don't think that I have actually downloaded any pictures since I posted last.  We still have two more nights of VBS, so it may be a while before any photo editing actually happens. 

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

thehsmomof3 said…
I've been following your sister's blog and keep praying for her and for all of you - Sherri

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy