Friday

So, the boys had a great first day yesterday.  They were exhausted when I picked them up and from talking to my sister and others, I think that this is pretty normal.  I was all excited to hear about their day and even took them to CherryBerry for an after school treat in hopes that we could sit and chat about their day and they were having NONE of that, they just had this glazed over look on their faces and I thought my repeated instructions to 'look at me, and talk to me and STOP watching the TV' was probably going against the whole point of the outing since I was getting pretty frustrated.  So, I left them alone figuring they would start chatting about it all at dinner and of course, that is just what they did.  I am so pleased with the school that they go to and am so thankful for their teacher Mrs. B--she has an excellent reputation and I have heard so many good comments from other parents whose kids have had her.  Plus, when I visited the kindergarten center back in the spring and talked with her, I was talking about the boys and she stopped me and asked me what my name was and when I told her, she got tears in her eyes and just said, "we prayed many prayers for you."  I have tears in my eyes as I write this and have told that story to countless people never being able to complete it without tears.  It humbles me and reminds me to pray for others.  It is precious to me that she is now their teacher.

As for me, I have to say that there is definite enjoyment in having some hours to myself.  So far, I haven't had a chance to just sit and enjoy it like I had planned, but I am not going to lie, it is nice to get laundry done, work done, errands done....all without the constant 'come on, don't do that, keep your feet on the floor, don't hit your brother, be kind, have you washed your hands' that come along with being the mom of twin five year olds.

I managed to scrap these pages of the boys birthday while I was traveling this past weekend.  And for a good recap of my day last Saturday, feel free to click on over to Melissa's blog for pictures and the story!



Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

I love the cake! Where did you find the recipe? I would love to try that one out for my next party :) Very cute pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy