Wednesday's Words

It has been awhile since I did this, and yes, I know it has been awhile since I posted much of anything.  We are just ignoring that.  I seriously wish that I had just a little recorder for ALL of the funny things the boys say, they are just hilarious these days.  For example:

  • We were driving by CVS the other day and the boys were both practicing their letters (they notice letters everywhere these days!) and one of them said "C.V.S.....last year we went to VVS, but this year we went to VBS, I wonder where we are going to go next year." 
  • We were leaving soccer practice last week and the coach and his son were in a truck in front of us leaving the parking lot and they turned left while we were turning right and Xavier said, 'next time, can we follow Coach Dan, I really want to see where his house is.'  I think I might have a stalker on my hands!
  • Tonight, they were cleaning up the dishes and were talking and William said something about "you are crazy, bro" to which Xavier replied, "I'm not crazy, I'm just curious."
  • When they are praying, you never quite know what they are going to say.  Tonight at dinner, William was praying and said "thank you, God, that we are maybe going to have a good time at 7Wonders tonight" and before bed, Xavier in the middle of his prayer,  "It is SO EXCITING, God, that you have answered our prayer and you have kept Grandpa King alive."  He was very  expressive in this..we weren't quite sure what he was going to say next.  Great-Grandpa King has actually not been doing well since last December and it really does seem a miracle that he has lived as long as he has.  We are thankful for his life and for the time with him that we didn't think we were going to have.
Life is never dull, let me tell you.

As for me, I have been reading a couple of parenting books.  Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas is so so good and has now been almost completely underlined and highlighted by me.  I had read through about 2/3 of it before, but finished it this time and probably learned more from it. I look forward to revisiting it again and again.  And makes me so thankful for my own parents and for their parents and for the Godly heritage that I am extraordinarily blessed to have.

Right now, I am reading 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Son by Vicki Courtney and it is good too. It is definitely easier reading than Sacred Parenting, but still really good and I feel like giving me good reminders and perspectives on things to look forward discuss in the future with my boys, but also what I need to do now to set the groundwork.

Interestingly enough, in my women's study tonight (Stepping Up through the Psalms of Ascent by Beth Moore), she talked about how music often communicates and helps us through moments when our hearts are aching and we don't have words for what we want to say.  I have recently discovered the David Crowder Band (just as they are wrapping up their last album), but this song Shadows from their Church Music CD has been on repeat play more than once in the last few weeks.  I love the lyrics:

Life is full of light and shadow
O the joy and O the sorrow
O the sorrow

And yet will He bring
Dark to light
And yet will He bring
Day from night

When shadows fall on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When darkness falls on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When all seems lost
When we're thrown and we're tossed
We remember the cost
We rest in Him
Shadow of the cross


I just love the reminders from my own life has God has brought light from dark and how when shadows fall on us, we will remember.  We will remember His goodness, we will remember His faithfulness, His provision, who He is, He is healer, redeemer, our shield, and we can trust Him, we choose to trust Him.  He is sufficient and He sees us when we are in those 'shadow' moments of life.  So thankful to call Him Father.

Comments

Joyce said…
Thanks so much for Wednesday Words even though I didn't read them till Thursday. And I appreciate your sharing your study thoughts, books you're reading and the song is timely...appreciated reading the words.
Marilou said…
Those quotes are too cute!! I love the idea of "Wednesday Words!"
Amy said…
Well, I'm a little behind on commenting but what else is new? I enjoy the quotes from your boys so much. I can just hear those 2 sweet little voices. And that CVS story completely cracks me up!! I'm adding those 2 books to my amazon wish list because they sound really good!

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album