TheDerbyDoos

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday's Words

I am not going to lie, hearts have been pretty heavy around here.  

I am pretty sure that it wasn't a coincidence this morning when I was working on my Bible Study, that my eyes caught these words underlined in Joshua 21:45

Not one of the good promises 
which the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed:
all came to pass.

I was headed to Joshua 23:10

...for the Lord your God is he who fights for you, just as He promised.

and just below that in 23:14

......and you know in all your hearts and in all your souls
that not one word of all the good words
which the Lord your God spoke concerning you has failed;
all have been fulfilled for you, not one of them has failed.
I am thinking those are good words for this Wednesday.

6 comments:

Brenda Shearon said...

glad you were able to find some comfort in God's word. Not only praying for Melissa but also for you and her other family members as well.

Amy said...

I'm praying so hard for all of you but wish I could do more. It just doesn't seem like enough.

Beth T. said...

Praying every day, Becky!

LaCombe said...

Those are good words for Wednesday and everyday, cause I sure needed them and continue to need them. Thank you for them and that God is always there and is so Good, no matter what the surcumstance may be. Love to you and your family.Kathy

Vicky said...

You and Melissa are not far from my thoughts these days, and certainly have been in my prayers. I am just leaning into the heaviness and sitting with it. I've been surprised to find, the joy tickles through every so often. Just keep resting in Him and I pray that his presence surrounds you when you need it most.

listgirl said...

I've been thinking about and praying for Melissa and for you Becky. Just wanted you to know.