Best day of the week

The boys and I are heading out of town tomorrow for an entire week at my parents' house. I am so excited! It has been close to two years (I think) since we have been there and I am feeling way overdue for a visit to their house.  We normally spend Thanksgiving here with Micah's family, but because of Micah's schedule this year, I knew that we would most likely not be able to travel at Christmas and since the boys get out of school for an entire week, I decided that I would pack us up and go and spend  it with  my parents.  We have a LOT of family that will be joining us for Thanksgiving and I am so looking forward to seeing my grandparents, some aunts and uncles, and even cousins.

After getting back into town last week and trying to reclaim my house, I have to admit that I was kind of dreading the whole getting ready to leave again.  But.....yesterday turned out to be awesome.  Micah was going to be working a noon to midnight shift and so when I got home from dropping the boys off to school and getting the oil changed (where I also managed to scrap a page on my laptop), I found the laundry sorted and started, the kitchen completely cleaned--the way that I would clean it (this is key), and the whole house vacuumed.  I can't even begin to say how much that pretty much made my week.   This is probably the least stressed I have been before a trip in a long time and I am so thankful for my sweet husband helping me so much.  Why is it that having a clean house makes everything so much better/easier?

So, we are headed out for a week of fun and family bright and early in the morning.  As always, who knows if and when I will make time to blog, but you can guarantee that there will be coffee drinking, good food eating, lots of laughter, and sweet times that will be happening.

Here is the page I scrapped while the oil in the car was being changed and also a photo from last weekend at a park where we held and impromptu photo shoot.


credits here

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love love love this pic of the boys. Hope you have a wonderful trip and visit.
Love you,
Kari

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy