TheDerbyDoos

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday

We spent the weekend out of town attending the visitation and funeral for Micah's grandfather who passed away early last week.  While it is always sad to face death, we have been expecting this for some time and we are thankful that he did not suffer long and, most importantly, we know that he is now in the presence of the Father complete and fully healed.  The weekend gave us some extra time together as a family traveling and then we were able to see and spend good time together with some extended family that we haven't seen for quite some time. 

We made it home late Saturday night and Micah had to be at work bright and early Sunday morning at 6 AM.  The boys and I went to church and basically crashed all afternoon before heading out to our church's Trunk or Treat event (that I took pictures of, but have yet to upload to the computer).  The boys have been so funny this year about Halloween--way more excited than in year's past.  They got up from their nap on Sunday and spent the next two hours getting their costumes on and perfected.  (so, I guess when I say that we crashed, I should clarify that I crashed, they took a short nap while I couldn't drag myself out of bed.)  They ended up being Iron Man and Darth Vader, for those who are curious. 

Last night, we finally carved pumpkins and roasted pumpkin seeds.  The boys were very adamant about how we should each guess how many seeds were in the pumpkin and then, 'when we get up tomorrow, you can tell us who wins, and we can get a prize'.  (Micah counted this afternoon and swears there were 692, although that number seems really high to me!)  And because the boys were SO excited about the actual trick or treating, we loaded them up and drove them over to their grandparents house so they could ring a door bell and say "trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat."  I can't tell you how.many.times. I heard that yesterday.

And because I actually scrapped over the weekend, here are a couple of pages:





3 comments:

Annette said...

These are some of my favorite pages of yours yet! Glad you are home safe.

Joyce said...

If only W and X could knock on my door and say.....trick or treat!

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Micah's grandfather but glad you all have the peace and comfort of seeing him again one day!