Christmas Party

Yesterday was the boys' class Christmas party. Although I am not homeroom mom (or whatever they call it), I always have so much guilt any time they ask for helpers because I have not just one, but TWO little 'angels'.   But....if you know me very well, you also know that I get slightly extremely stressed out by small children in large numbers.  I just don't know how the teachers do it--all of the little people running around, talking, laughing, kind of wears me out.  Fortunately, there wasn't much to do yesterday besides getting the tables set up, handing out carrots and ranch dressing, and finally helping with a small craft.    In fact, I am getting so comfortable in their classroom, I agreed yesterday to start coming in weekly to help listen to the children read--I think I might have had a fever yesterday when I agreed to that.  I am looking forward to being able to see them a bit in their school environment. Obviously, it won't be the same as when I am not there, but I am always curious how they act when Micah and I are not around.

A few pictures...me and my boys...William is obviously not excited about this picture thing..
 Micah's mom joined us and at one point, I was across the room helping another child with their craft and I looked up to see this...and proceeded to say "hang on a second" to the child I was helping so I could grab my camera and snap this one:

And our birthday cake for Jesus...I loved the little manger (their teacher has had this for several years and she just takes it home and washes it and brings it back every year...have I mentioned recently how much I love that their teacher loves Jesus?):

Comments

Melissa said…
Were you high when you agreed to come in once a week?

I love the cake and picture with Linda - so sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album