Multitude on Mondays

We had a great start to our week as I headed to orthotics place where I get my compression sleeve and glove each year (to keep my lymphedema in check) only to find out that my current insurance does not cover compression garmets, then back home where I started a load of laundry and heard some weird gurgling sound and came into the kitchen to see water backing up in the sink.  Wait a minute, you say, I thought you said it was a great start to the week....oh yes, that should have been prefaced by the instruction to "read with sarcasm".   Although the day did not start out that awesome, I will say that sitting here tonight I am feeling like the day hasn't been a complete waste.  First, even though my insurance doesn't cover my sleeve and glove, the nice lady at the office gave me information for an organization where I can most likely get financial assistance for the lymphedema garments I need.  And, I am choosing to be thankful that Micah got home early from work today and was there for the plumbing disaster that caused water to back up into the garage and so he took care of cleaning all of that out.  The nice man from the Roto Rooter arrived a few hours later and cleared out whatever blockage we had and while it cost me $100 more than I wanted to spend on plumbing today, I am counting the day a success because the garage ended up much more organized than it started the day, I still managed to get my laundry done, got a few things ready for drop off at a consignment store, and even made homemade hot cocoa mix with the boys. 

I love this post that my sister linked to today about giving thanks everyday.
And speaking of things I love...I love my sister and I absolutely hate what she faces each and every day, but as I told her this morning, her light shines so brightly.  My heart just aches that it has to shine on the journey she is on. 

Some gifts from this week:
  • opportunities to serve at Toys for Tots
  • lives that were changed
  • Christmas cards mailed
  • Christy being at church after chemo on Friday
  • The Hallelujah Chorus
  • homemade hot cocoa and Next Iron Chef finale with the boys
  • a sweet prayer from Xavier
  • fresh camembert cheese from our CSA
Yesterday at church, we sang this song that has just been repeating in my mind all day.

(link is to a video on YouTube of the song)

You are good you are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love you are love
On display for all to see

You are light you are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope you are hope
You have covered all my sin

You are peace you are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true you are true
Ever in my wandering

You are joy you are joy
You're the reason that i sing
You are life you are life
In you death has lost its sting

Oh i'm running to your arms
I'm running to your arms

The riches of your love will always be enough
Nothing compares to your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

You are more you are more
Than my words will ever say
You are lord you are lord
All creation will proclaim

You are here you are here
In your presence i'm made whole
You are god you are god
Of all else i'm letting go

Hallelujah forever
All the glory forever
All the praise to you

My heart will sing
No other name
Jesus Jesus


And I even scrapped a page about my sweet shepherds! :)
credits here

credits here

Comments

Monica said…
You are the third person I've heard of in the last 6 months to have lymphedema. :(
And it sounds like you accomplished quite a bit, even with the rough start! Way to persevere!
Christine said…
You and Melissa both inspire and amaze me daily... even with sarcastic plumbing disasters!
LaCombe said…
You and your sister are proof that God is with us always! Peace and strength He gives! You inspire me!
Merry Christmas and many many Blessings and Love to you and your family! Kathy
Anonymous said…
Becky, What a sweet blog, as usual. Grandpa and I are currently reading Robert Morgan's book, Promises....Such an inspiration. Just as you and Melissa are!
And what sweet children! We are enjoying them in the calendar that arrived...thanks soooo much, and for the pics!
Love bunches!
Gma E.

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy