Tis the Season

I don't pretend to think that we are busier than any one else, it is just that time of year for there to be things upon things upon things to go to and to get done.  And this week has been just that for us.  But, it has been good.  If I haven't mentioned it (and I think that I have), I am just loving the Christmas season this year.  This may be the first year ever (other than when we were in France) that we have not traveled and I have to say, that it is kind of nice.  We are celebrating with Micah's family this weekend and then my family is coming next week (if you listen closely, you probably just heard a big 'woohoo!' because I am super excited about my family coming).  But, just because we aren't traveling doesn't mean that we aren't busy....

Tuesday night, we went with Micah's mom and brother and family to the Christmas Train.  The boys loved it and William's first words on waking up on Wednesday were to declare "I am so glad that we got to go to the Christmas Train!".  Unfortunately, it was cold and misting fairly heavily, so there are very few pictures and it was probably not as enjoyable as it could have been, but it was definitely a fun outing and I know that we would enjoy going another year.  Here we all are waiting in the depot with our boarding passes getting ready to board:
The park is run by a large church here in Tulsa and it is my understanding that all of the workers go to that church and I will say that the people working there were some of the most genuinely nice people I have ever encountered.  I say that because I have sadly been to church events where the people working weren't exactly pleased to be there, but that was not the case at the Christmas Train, they were kind, pleasant, helpful, and having a good time themselves. 

Yesterday, the boys and I spent the morning at a friends' house making some little care bags to take to my oncologist's treatment room.  Hud (in the picture with them) is a thyroid cancer survivor himself and the boys love him.  When I told the boys that he was making pancakes for us, William exclaimed "Hud can cook?!!"  His mom Leslie is a dear friend of mine and fellow breast cancer survivor who has started an organization that provides help and support to families going through cancer treatment.  We all had a great morning and it did my heart good to drop the bags off at the treatment room and see one of the nurses who took care of me.

Today is all about finishing up some work stuff, running errands, wrapping the last of the gifts, and making Christmas goodies. I made the second batch of Party Mix last night and it didn't quite have the 'oomph' that I was looking for and so I added some more seasoning and baked it a bit more this morning.  When I had it all spread out on the counter, I decided that we might have enough Party Mix--it may be hard to tell from my amateur photography, but that is a LOT of party mix!

I am planning on finishing up my baking tonight and tomorrow so that we can deliver to a few friends around town and then, guess what?  Saturday is Christmas Eve!!  I hope your pre-Christmas week is going well. 

In all your spare time, you should definitely go check out this post from my sister with her hair update--I can't believe how much it has grown in the last couple of weeks since I saw her--it looks amazing!!

Comments

Vicky said…
Your enthusiasm is catching I have to say :) And you know I am beyond thrilled with the story of Hud and how you all helped him spread some Christmas cheer! The boys look so cute peering out from their hoods on their coats :) Thank you for your prayers and continued support. I've read and re-read the scripture you left and it has been balm for my battered, but lifting spirit :) Merry Christmas to you all!

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy